12

• • •

"There's a party this weekend. You guys should totally come." Atif munches on some popcorn, I look over at Hania and Safa.

Hania holds my face in her hands, "You look exhausted. Have some fun and come join us for the party."

I nod at them, it is because I need to take care of Hania but Safa too. "I'll come with you both tomorrow." A grin spreads across my lips, one I haven't felt in weeks.

A sudden message appears from my parents on my phone. I flip it out of my pocket before turning it on.

'Come by this weekend. Made your favourite sweets.'

My mother's sweet text makes my grin deepen. I am definitely going on Sunday to see them.

I saw them about two weeks ago, they had a great time on the holiday they took on the weekend.

The weather here is beautiful, spring is such a beautiful season. The flowers blossom and everything is beautiful which only lightens up my mood too.

'Wouldn't miss it for the world.'

I send the text before putting it back into my pocket.

"See you tomorrow then, Atif." I wave over at him as us three leave him in the library.

Safa blows a kiss, making me and Hania fangirl over at them both.

• • •

The weekend comes by pretty quickly, I mean yesterday was Friday after all.

We've already started getting ready for the party, Safa is taking some extra time and we all know why. I was going to tease her but I thought I'd let it go for now.

"Safa, hurry your ass up." Hania groans whilst opening the dorm door, I laugh at the pair of them whilst they argue.

Finally, three of us leave.

Safa's wearing a beautiful blue dress which reaches down to her ankles, wearing a gold bracelet and a matching hijab with her dress.

Hania is wearing a purple dress, which has a slit going up to the knee and gorgeous jewellery to top it all off as well as smokey makeup.

They're both stunning.

Alhumdulillah (Thanks be to God).

I decided to wear a red dress, which has flares at the bottom. I look a little bit fancy, maybe a little too much. I have natural makeup with a red lip and gold jewellery. My hijab is of a velvet material and looks amazing.

I feel good after many weeks of struggle and getting used to life without Daniel in it.

He had gotten so close to me within weeks that I kind of struggled to live without him. That has never happened with anyone else before in my entire life. His magnetic personality was attractive and I enjoyed his company, as much as I have to admit it.

"Can I just say, we are fucking pretty women?" Hania says, passing me the keys of her new jeep that she bought.

I take the keys carefully, working out the car before driving us carefully in her brand new car to the party.

Once we arrive, I walk with Hania and Safa. Safa slips away with Atif, to which we wink and wave at them.

Smile and wave boys.

The reference, my thoughts only make me laugh.

Hania shortly slips away with a man she found, as they dance on the dance floor leaving a lonely me behind. I flip my phone out as I take a few pictures of myself.

A tap on my shoulder happens, making me panic. I turn around ready to hit the person.

As I turn around, my jaw practically drops.

The one person who I haven't seen in weeks is just right in front of my eyes.

"Daniel?" I squint my eyes up at him, tilting my head.

"Inaya." He says my name still the way he perfectly does. My heart does the little flutter.

I take a step away from him, "I-i'm sorry. I have to go." I try to turn around but he grabs my wrist.

I jolt back at him, "What are you doing?" I try to fidget my wrist away from him.

"For once, just trust me Ms Inaya Hussein." He pauses, looking into my eyes. His eyes soften, there's pain laced behind it making my heart ache.

I gulp, following his lead as he takes me away from the dance floor.

His hand tightens in mine, I don't retract or try to move away. I follow his lead as silence fills in around us. The radiating warmth from his hand makes my legs feel like jelly as I feel the butterflies in my stomach explode.

- - -

- A/N -

Oop, Daniel's back 🤭

I hope you all are well & safe 💘

Next update : Saturday 9th May 2020