7

• • •

As soon as we reach our dorms, I tuck Hania into bed as Safa shouts goodnight to me from her bed. I try to shoosh her but she ignores me and carries on. "You're going to wake Hania up!" I scold her to which she shuts her mouth and faces flat on her bed, without saying a word more.

"Goodnight, Inaya. You always take such good care of me and try to lead me towards Islam. If I didn't have you in my life, I don't know what would happen to me." Hania mentions to me, half-asleep. I stroke her hair, gently. The guilt feeling in me because if she was to see Daniel's hand at my chin today, him and I so close and my little crush for him. It would break her and that's the one thing I am trying to avoid.

"You'd die." I joke, to which she nods in agreement as I proudly sit there feeling like the sanest best friend out of us three.

Shortly, I leave her to sleep and head into bed myself as I have a satisfied feeling once I hit my bed as I fall into a deep sleep.

• • •

On the weekend, you can leave to go home but unfortunately my parents are away on holiday with my elder brother so I won't be able to see them this weekend.

"Are you heading home today?" I ask Hania and Safa, whilst doing my hijab gently tugging it to tighten it.

Hania shakes her head, "Parents are busy with business meetings and fancy parties." That's the usual answer of Hania's since her family are rich they are always occupied with other things.

"My parents are out of town on a boat trip." Safa sits down next to me as she applies mascara on my lids making me grin at her happily.

I do love wearing makeup.

"So what's the plan today?" Hania asks, whilst walking towards the dorm door with us. I think to myself about the usual thing Daniel and Hania were going to do today, making my stomach squeeze in disgust. Hopefully, it doesn't happen.

I think to myself, "Oh crap." I completely forgot about the assignment that Dr Phillips gave me the other day.

Hania and Safa look at me in panic. "I've got an assignment set to do. I'm heading to the library." I hug both of them as they both hug me back tighter as them two decide to just hang out in the campus area and do some exploring.

As soon as I reach the library which is absolutely massive. It's full of books, more than any other library I have ever seen in my life, it is my favourite library.

"Hi ma'am." I greet kindly to the librarian.

"Another assignment?" She questions, with a soft smile displayed.

I nod happily, "Can never get enough of them." I roll my eyes laughing before settling down into a seating area, digging into my rucksack before reading over it.

Someone taps my shoulder, making me jump. "Ah!" I turn around to hold their hand to stop them from getting away, out of panic and worry.

Once I realise who it is, my eyes set on them. It's none other than Daniel. My heart does a little flutter, as his grin widens ever so gently making my stomach do a whole load of somersaults. I move my hand away from his.

His massive doe brown eyes makes my heart flutter even more. God, I hate that you have this effect over me.

"Hey, pretty little thing." His voice is rough but soft at the same time making me do a small smile.

"Pretty little thing?" I squint my eyes at him as he takes a seat next to me.

I'm nearly touching his leg at this point, as well as our elbows nearly touching. I quickly shift but Daniel slides my work over to himself.

"I reckon you could do this in about ten minutes." He looks over at the time, challenging me.

I raise my eyebrows, amused. "Is that a challenge?"

He nods like a little happy boy making me awe as I tilt my head at him.

For a moment, everything freezes around us as we stare into each other's eyes. I'm fighting this desire, this flame within myself to let my feelings grow for him.

I gulp, breaking the eye contact as a question arises within me.

"Stalking me, little boy?" I raise my eyebrow at him, chuckling.

His smile deepens, "Maybe." He smirks, "Or I might not be."

I roll my eyes, "I don't like liars."

"I don't like you." He pokes his tongue out at me making me laugh.

I wish I could say that I don't like him either but my feelings have only deepen.

They have only grown and I can't seem to let them go.

That's when it hits me, that I need to get away from him. We're only getting closer, this is wrong for him and me.

For Hania, especially.

- - -

- A/N -

Inaya's feelings do be complicated though 🥺

I hope you're enjoying the story so far, please do leave comments so I know how y'all feel about it 😌

Next update : Friday 24th April 2020