9

• • •

"What?" I accidentally slip out loud. Immediately covering my lips because that was totally not my right of place to speak out loud. Safa looks over at me with giggles fit in her throat making me roll my eyes at her.

She nudges my shoulder and I know exactly why. Hania raises her eyebrow, in suspicion making me sigh.

Daniel gives me a small grin making my heart do that little flutter. "Partner, you good?"

I grin back, "Fine thanks." Before looking over at Safa and slapping her arm.

"I'm sorry." Hania sadly says to Daniel, us three wait for a response but instead, he nods his head as he walks towards our door before opening it he flips back to us. His eyes directly meeting mine.

"I'm sending info of a party. This Saturday." He gives me a smirk making my cheeks blush.

"See you later." I quietly say, waving a bye at him as he walks out the door with a smirk plastered on his face.

Safa jumps us as soon as the door closes, scaring the hell out of us. "Was it hard to do that?" She puts out a sad pout to Hania making me giggle slightly.

Hania shakes her head, "It never is." She clicks her fingers before giggling with me. "Obviously, I feel terrible." She pauses to which I and Safa give her the look of stop lying to yourself. "But he's just not for me. I just wanted him because a lot of girls already have had him." She takes out a lollipop, unwrapping the wrapper.

"Wanted him?" I'm confused, my innocent self doesn't understand these things.

Hania chuckles, "I wanted him the way every other girl does." My eyes widen at what she meant making me gasp.

"Well, Inaya definitely wants other things with him too." Safa accidentally slips out as she covers her mouth quickly, hoping to reverse her words. I shoot a glare at her, she couldn't keep this one a secret anymore.

I squint my eyes feeling atrocious, as my whole heart feels as though it has deflated. Hania grabs my hands looking me directly in my eyes. "I knew there was something!" She restlessly shouts making me cover her mouth now.

"I'm sorry." A sad whisper escaping my own lips.

Hania shakes her head at me ignoring what I said. "Girl, you liked him this entire time and didn't tell me?" She pauses, raising her eyebrows. "I'm sad that you didn't tell me." She folds her arms over her chest making me jump on her to which we both fall over and end up laughing on the floor.

"I'm sorry, it's just I thought you were serious on him." I look at her. "I didn't want to ruin it for you."

She chuckles, "My sweetheart Inaya, your happiness is at utmost important to mine too."

I still feel like crap though.

"She still feels like shit," Safa says my thought as I smack her head furiously.

"Ow!" She rubs her head, gently making me roll my eyes at her. "I'm sorry!" She holds my hand, pleading in front of me.

Hania sits up, "So it is a whole lovey-dovey thing or not?" Now it's her turn to nudge my shoulder, to which she does winking.

I sit there thinking, "It's a little thing." I say confidently. "I'll be over it soon." I shrug.

Hania gasps jumping onto her feet making me smack my forehead at her, "You are not going to shut Daniel out. Take your chance and see where it goes to, pumpkin." Hania points her finger at me and so does Safa.

"But I don't want to see where it goes." I sigh, "We're so different, nothing alike. I don't even know if we share the same feeling even." Again, looking up at both of them a sad chuckle escapes my lips. "I can never compare to other women he has been with." I say without thinking.

Hania smacks me now, making me shoot her a glare. "You are way better than every woman he has been with, including me." She quietly says the last bit.

Hania doesn't say such things like that often.

"You're better than me." I shake my head at her, disagreeing with the part she said.

She shakes her head, aggressively. "You, my sweet pie." She tilts my chin up at her and Safa. "You are one of a kind."

- - -

- A/N -

Their friendship is so sweet 🥺

Please vote & comment telling me how you feel about the story so far 😌

Next update : Thursday 30th April 2020