10

• • •

I wake up fresh in the morning, knowing that Hania and Safa are now going to bully and tease me about Daniel all the time.

"Make sure you wear something nice this morning," Hania shouts out from the bathroom making me look up at her from my book.

"We're seeing Daniel and Atif today," Safa adds, winking over at me.

I roll my eyes at the pair of them, "I hate you both."

"We love you too!" They both launch themselves at me making me break up in laughter.

• • •

Once I lock our dorm door, I go to catch up with Safa and Hania as we sit down on the outside campus area which is huge.

The feeling of our university is like home to me.

Daniel and Atif join us shortly, nothing seems awkward between Hania and Daniel as they just talk and laugh like usual.

Excusing myself for a minute, I pop over to the canteen and get myself a snack bar before opening it and eating it in pleasure.

"Princess, what cute sounds you make." A flirtatious Daniel walks over to me making my heart spin a thousand times.

Suddenly, I realise that I made pleasure noises whilst eating. It's not my fault that food tastes amazing.

I pout at him whilst folding my arms over my chest, "Not my fault that food tastes so nice."

He chuckles, his own laughter fills up the room. It's so inviting and warm - like a teddy bear.

A question arises in my head, but I'm unsure whether I should ask him or not. I leave it to my own mouth whether it wants to ask.

Suddenly, Daniel makes his way to me and I end up taking steps back towards the wall. My heart paces, rapidly.

I try to escape but he blocks me by putting his muscular arm up, meaning that I have to look up into his eyes.

"What are you playing at, playboy?" I whisper, wanting to know his answer.

Every thing he does, is driving me insane for him. These feelings are only increasing and it's scaring the hell out of me because it cannot be any good.

My heart only flutters louder, I can hear my heart thumping at my chest wanting to fall out for the intense feelings I feel for Daniel.

"Inaya Hussein, you better come to the party next Saturday." He warns me, making me gulp.

"And if I-i don't?" I stutter, teasing him ever so slightly.

He chuckles, "I'll punish you." He winks making me laugh with him.

His grin deepens making me smile as I escape his block before running off back to my friends.

• • •

"Chemotherapy?" I question Daniel.

We're back in normal classes, an average Monday as well as the usuals assignments building up.

"Chemotherapy is..." He pauses, his thinking game on making me smile internally at the focus. "Type of cancer treatment that uses one or more anti-cancer drugs." He confidentially says, brushing his shoulders proudly.

Rolling my eyes I say, "Don't get too flattered."

He laughs at me, "You have pretty eyes, Inaya." The way he says my name makes my stomach do a somersault.

I gulp, "T-thank you." Shyly, I turn around not wanting my cheeks to heat up.

Hania looks over at me, winking making me roll my eyes.

Listening into Dr Phillips words, the corner of my eye focuses on Daniel as I see him flirt with other women making my stomach twist in pain.

He taps my shoulder, "Inaya, help me out."

I face him, "What do I get in return?" Raising my eyebrow at him.

He thinks, "I'll no longer annoy you." He gives me a serious face, scaring the hell out of me.

My eyes widen, "Really!" I excitedly say to him to which a frown replaces his lips.

"You don't like my fun?" He frowns.

I shake my head, feeling bad immediately. "No! I love it—"

Wait, did I just say I love it?

Crap, he's totally not going to leave me alone now.

His face lightens up, "You love it?"

I gulp, "It doesn't matter, what do you need help in?" I shake my head, wanting to get this over and done with.

He shakes his head back at me, "Partner, you solved the problem already." Winking, he stands up as the bell goes off leaving me behind confused.

- - -

- A/N -

I'm so sorry for not uploading! 🥺

I hope Ramadan is going well for my fellow Muslim readers 🥰!

Next update : Sunday 3rd May 2020