4

• • •

"Inaya, here are some information sheets that you can look at after class. It's best to research this at the library." Dr Phillips hands me some work. I nod at her as I thank her before putting it away into my bag.

"Hey partner." I hear Daniel's voice come from behind me, as he sits down next to me.

"Partner?" I pause, looking up at him. "More like forced to sit with you," I mention to him to which I turn around, sassily.

"Ooo, playing hard to get? I see..." He whispers to me making me giggle.

"I'm not, now leave me alone. I'm trying to focus and so should you." I look at him directly, looking over at his charming face which is making my legs wobbly.

I flip my head straight away.

Focus. Focus. Focus.

He taps my shoulder, rolling my eyes I don't bother turning but speak. "What is it?"

"Thanks for helping Atif out yesterday." He twirls his pen around making me look over at him.

How the hell did he get into medical school?

Probably because he's rich.

"It's fine." I zoom back into our conversation, trying to focus once again.

Suddenly, I notice him looking over at some other girl flirting. My eyes peek towards him as I look at him angrily.

"What are you doing?" I pause, squinting my eyes.

"Inaya, relax. I'm just speaking to the girl over there." I block his view to which he tries to get past me.

"You're with Hania!" I exclaim throwing my pen onto the table, he ignores me making me more annoyed.

He is so not going to break my best friend's heart.

My hand reaches up to his face as I move his face away from the view he was looking at. His face is soft but his jawline is precise and sharp taking me by surprise.

How is it okay to be this perfect?

I take away my hand, not wanting to make this awkward. "Can you focus now, please?" I ask him, pleading literally.

He looks at me, smiling making my heart do the little flutter. "Anything for you."

I roll my eyes, he is not going to make me one of his little girls to play with.

I turn my attention away from him, finally managing to focus as I scribble down notes, trying to catch up with the rest of my class. My focus is concentrated as I look over at Hania to which she waves at me as she blows a kiss to Daniel making me widen my eyes.

At this point, I have to argue that I am possibly the most innocent person within my friend group.

"Does this make sense, princess?" He looks over at me, his calming brown eyes soften once making contact with mine.

I gulp almost, "Princess?" Raising my eyebrow at him, I snatch his book looking over at his work.

He may be messy otherwise but his work is delicately presented and is clear enough for anyone to read. The organisation is fabulous.

"It makes perfect sense." I am genuinely surprised, with the amount of focus he puts in- which is bare. He knows his stuff, which for some reason makes me feel happy.

He grins at me, as he looks away from Hania. "Very well then, princess." He proceeds to bow making me raise my eyebrow at him. I look around, embarrassed.

"What are you doing?" I nervously ask as I pick at my fingers.

"Nothing." He gives a smug grin making me laugh at him before Hania walks over to us.

She sits on his seat next to me, as our professor decided to give us a fifteen-minute break.

"All I can hear is laughter from over here." She giggles making me sit down in my seat next to her.

Daniel grabs a seat, swiftly before sitting next to Hania. His hand on her thigh making me widen my eyes.

Hania giggles, not paying attention making me hold my breath uncomfortably. "Babe, why don't we all hang out after classes today?" Daniel smirks at her, to which she places a kiss on his cheek.

Hania looks over at me and I am giving her the look to say no, but Hania can never read facial expressions. Whenever we have gotten into trouble it's because of her not being able to read any facial expressions.

"I've got plans." I gulp, both their attentions turn towards me. "I-i need to study..." I pause needing to come up with a better excuse. "The library!" I exclaim proudly to which Daniel laughs at me, confused sort of.

I roll my eyes over at him, "I have some extra work to submit." I look down at my feet.

Hania stands up leaving Daniel as she walks over to me, "I'm not going, if you're not going." She whispers before disappearing off to her seat.

A sigh of relief escapes my lips, she finally understood.

- - -

- A/N -

Daniel's playboy actions better not ruin his relationship with Hania 🥺

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I will be trying to upload more frequently because of quarantine 💀

Next update : Thursday 16th April 2020