6

• • •

"Is everything alright, partner?" I hear that voice. The one voice that I want nothing to do with but the one voice that I want to hear for the rest of my life.

Get a grip on yourself, Inaya.

Internally reminding myself, to which I turn around to face Daniel.

He walks up to me, "Brought you some food." He chuckles lightly at me making me grin excitedly. I look up into his huge brown eyes.

"Thank you, but you could have told Hania or Safa to give it to me." I tease him wanting to see his reaction as he shakes his head softly.

"Um—they're a bit busy inside." He adds in, to which I think he has a point. Safa's got a crush for Atif, so she is probably speaking to him and Hania is probably getting a drink.

I gulp feeling defeated, "Fine, you win." I roll my eyes at him, leading to a smile.

His facial expression changes as he gives me one of his famous charming smiles which makes my heart flutter like it always does.

"So." He takes a seat next to me on the stairs, "You usually go to parties, partner?" I ignore the last word he says - it's what he calls me by now.

"I go to parties for Hania, gotta keep an eye on her." I laugh, "She can get tipsy real quick." I tell him, to which he chuckles. A deep, pleasant chuckle indeed.

Suddenly, a pang of guilt shoots through me as I realise that I am sitting here with Daniel, who is Hania's. I am being selfish and unfair to my best friend. The last thing I want to do is hurt her, she and Safa mean the absolute world to me.

I stand up quickly, taking Daniel by surprise. "Be careful you could have tripped, clumsy." Another nickname that comes out of his mouth for me, we're getting too close and that's dangerous for me and him.

"S-sorry um." I freeze on my words, shaking my head before I feel his hand make contact with my skin, sending electric jolts throughout my body. His hand is delicately placed at my chin, tilting upwards at him.

My breath is hot and I can't seem to move or say anything either.

"What happened, Inaya?" He whispers in a deep tone making my heartbeat pace rapidly.

For a moment, our eyes don't leave each other as I gulp trying to get rid of the tension whereas Daniel keeps his hand at my chin making the butterflies in my stomach explode.

"Daniel, did you find Inaya?" A sudden voice which is Hania's shoots through my brain, to which I realise she is about to turn to face us.

Daniel removes his hand from me, taking a step away as he looks back to Hania, grinning. Hania looks over at me. "Got enough of fresh air?" She holds one of my hands.

To be honest, I just lost all of that fresh air from what just happened.

I nod, lying as I look over at Daniel to which he winks back at me. My heart does a little somersault before I roll my eyes at him as I walk with Hania back inside.

Hania seems to not be her normal self as she nearly falls a couple of times, either I or Daniel catching her, which instantly gives me the process of thought that she is drunk. "Hania, let's head home," I suggest, to which she laughs.

"Okay." She looks over at Daniel, "You're really fucking hot. Are we still meeting up for the usual at two?" She gives Daniel a smirk.

For the usual?

For a minute, I wonder what the hell does the usual mean?

Until it hits me that she wants to meet up with Daniel for a specific reason. My eyes looking over at Daniel, strictly shaking my head.

Hania is a good girl, she's never done such things like this before and she is definitely not going to do it either. She's not one of his objects to be played with.

"Need a ride home?" There's a concern in his eyes as he looks at me, I gulp shaking my head as I tell him I drove us here.

"Head to the car, I'll get Safa," I tell Hania, she smiles at me before wandering off.

My eyes search around for Safa.

Bingo.

She's with her new man. I walk over to them both, holding Safa's arm. "We have to go, maybe we can all catch up on Monday," I tell Atif and Safa, Safa nods at me as she waves Atif goodbye before we both leave.

On the way to the car, it's my turn to tease. "I saw the way you were looking at Atif." I nudge her shoulder, Safa groans but shakes her head at me. I raise my eyebrow at her as we both sit in the car with Hania.

- - -

- A/N -

I'm so sorry for not uploading yesterday! 🥺

However, on another note Safa is actually so sweet - I hope her potential relationship goes well 😌

Next update : Wednesday 22nd April 2020