15

• • •

I spent some time at home before I headed back to my university dorm, getting prepared for my week ahead.

As I lay in bed, thoughts of Daniel flash through my mind. I can't help but think, why doesn't he tell me anything? He wants to comfort me at times and I want to do the same for him but he just seems to never want to open up.

I completely understand if it is due to personal reasons or if he's not ready yet.

I just wish he could clarify it for me.

"Are we still trying to hit it off with Daniel?" Safa asks me, as she puts away her phone tucking into her bed as she looks over at me.

I look up at the ceiling, "I don't know...I have no idea where to go from here."

If I'm being honest, I don't know whether it was a good thing to let Daniel back into my life. I mean, I just got used to life without him and now? He's back.

Safa doesn't say anything, she knows that it's hard. She understands that it is confusing, so instead she throws a sweet over to me.

"It's your fave. That'll cheer you up." She gives me a soft grin making me smile back at her.

• • •

Dr Phillips had given me another assignment to do in my free time. I do appreciate the extra work that she hands me.

In class, I actually do not sit next to anyone anymore since I asked Dr Phillips to move Daniel away—which she did do. Ever since then, it's just been me, and Hania on the other side of the room.

"Hey partner." I hear a familiar voice, as it sends chills down my spine.

Daniel plops himself down, sitting next to me. I raise my eyebrow at him, "What are you doing?" I ask, not too loudly but loud enough for him to hear.

"I'm sitting next to you, is that a crime?" He gasps, as he pouts at me.

I hold in my fits of giggles, because I know that this would not be an appropriate time for them to come out.

"I think it is, might have to call the police on you." I sassily say back.

He raises his eyebrows, moving closer towards me as I feel his hot breath fan over my face. "If I'm going down, I'm definitely taking you along with me." His voice is raspy— sending chills down my spine as I gulp at the closeness between us.

He keeps playing this way towards me and to be fair I am so confused.

Hania looks over at me, raising her brow at me as she grins.

Daniel sits back into his seat, as his entire focus is dedicated to the lesson— or so I thought.

"Could you help me get that girl?" His voice coming out as a tease. He tries to look past my head making me raise my eyebrow at him.

"Are you serious right now!" I complain back.

He nods, as he pouts at me— trying to do a baby face? To convince me.

"You're an absolute kid." I groan, as I look back at my professor trying to focus.

"Oh come on Inaya!" He pleads, "It's not as if you have feelings for me. Just help me. Give me some advice and I'll be eternally grateful." He bows down at me.

His words catch me off-guard.

Does he know I like him?

How does he know I like him?

Since when has he known that I've liked him?

"W-wait, what did y-you say?" I stutter out, as I furrow my eyebrows together at him.

He looks up at me, scratching the back of his neck, "It's not as if you like me or anything, just help me out."

Okay, he doesn't know. He's just assuming.

I take a deep breath, trying to regain composure.

He puts his hand on my shoulder, "Inaya, are you okay?" He asks— his voice coming out loving.

The way it always does.

I flinch back from his touch, as I start to feel tears rush into my eyes wanting to come out.

I hate that I have feelings for Daniel.

"I-I'm fine." I sniff, as I don't want my tears to burst into a whole river here. In front of Daniel, especially.

"You don't look okay." He reaches out, holding my shoulder, a sudden touch from him sets my heart on fire.

I take a step away from him, as I try to not disturb the rest of the class.

"Where are you going, Inaya?" He whispers over at me, a more concerned expression displayed on his face.

I shake my head, at my own thoughts and him.

I turn around, as I notice Hania is focusing on what we're learning. I wish that I can go back to that hardcore focus too.

- - -

- A/N -

I am terrible! I'm so sorry for not uploading 🥺

Next update : Saturday 16th May 2020