26

A/N : Linked a song above which I was listening to whilst I wrote this chapter! If you want, you can totally play it whilst reading this chapter, enjoy! (:

• • •

Abruptly, I park my car by his house. Calling his house, just a house doesn't actually describe quite the size of it. It's gorgeous - literally it's a mansion. You can tell by the aura how different it is though, it's almost depressing? Ever since, Daniel's mother died I had come around once to pay my respects towards his mother. I didn't see his father much that day, but when I did he seemed sweet.

I knock on the door, as the anger boils in my blood ready to burst out at Daniel. I hear no response after my knock, I decide to give another go as I knock harder. Thinking that maybe the first time it wasn't loud enough.

"Daniel?" I question, my voice comes out calmly but loud enough for anyone from the other side of the door to pick up on my voice.

Suddenly, the door opens and a sigh of relief escapes my lips as I manage to see Daniel standing right there. As usual, he looks stunning but right now isn't the time to focus on that. I take a look at him, as my eyes scan up and down his body hoping there is no harm done to himself.

"Why didn't you come tonight?" I whisper almost, still standing on the other side of the door.

He doesn't bother to invite me in nor does he say anything for a moment. I can feel my heart wanting to touch him, wanting to tell him it's okay but my mind restricts me. To demand answers for his actions.

For once, I listen to my mind.

He gulps, "I can't do this." He mumbles, thinking I wouldn't catch on to what he had just said. I furrow my eyebrows, baffled.

"What can't you do?" I ask in a strained voice, knowing the answer. I damn well know the answer to his words. I've always known.

"I should have known that this wasn't right." Finally, his eyes meet with mine as his beautiful big brown doe eyes engulf me in making me want to sob, right now.

"You don't mean that." I feel my heart drop, wanting to escape this situation. My eyes are blurry, from the endless tears building up in my eyes. They sting from holding in the pain.

"What if we're not all that we thought?" He questions us once again, I shake my head at him taking slow steps behind.

"I-i thought w-we were meant to do this t-together." A small tear escapes my eye, as I feel the sobs once again build up wanting to spill out and be free from this misery.

He takes a few steps closer to me, to which I lay my hand on his toned chest shaking my head at him, stopping him.

"I'm scared, Inaya." He whispers, "This could have never ended well." His voice breaks, we're both going through the same emotions, I don't know who is worse.

"T-then why did y-you let it go so far?" I question, rage building up. As I let my hand fall free from his chest as I softly punch his chest for the agony he has caused to me.

He holds his arms around my waist, as I silently weep against his chest, "I'm h-here, I have a-always been here f-for you." I whisper, broken. "Just t-tell me everything and I-i will try my a-absolute best for y-you." I sniff, as I feel a huge weight drag upon my shoulders.

I try to break free from his hold, the strength I had has fled from my body. I'm weak and vulnerable.

"I'm letting go of you Inaya for worse, or for better. Marriage was never a thought for me. I was different, different to how I am now. I've tried, tried to learn but I'm not like you. I can't do this, my world is different to yours. It always has been." He whispers quietly against my ear, I feel his hot breath fan over my ear as my heart clenches.

I hold in the bawl which is ready to bail all out as I take a few steps away from him, looking up into his eyes one last time. I feel his deadly broken eyes slice through my own.

Turning around, I sprint to my car as I feel my tears run down my cheeks that I didn't even realise that there is a salty taste in my own mouth. I sit inside of my car, laying my head against my own wheel as I cry, letting out all of my emotions.

I pull at the end of my shirt as I aggressively let myself break free. I warned myself, from the very start that this was the way that Daniel and I could turn out. This is all my fault, I broke my own heart by having such high expectations and now I am unsure whether I will be able to pick myself up from this mess.

This disaster at all.

• • •

I let my car drive wherever it decides to go, I end up managing to drive myself home somehow. Undoing my seat belt, I notice Hania's car on the side making me squint my eyes to try and stop the tears from falling.

I take a step out, it's as if gravity was against me as I nearly fall over myself before Safa catches my arm and Hania hugs me tightly.

"Fuck, are you okay?" Hania asks, genuinely concerned.

Safa's eyes scan over my body making sure that I am not hurt anywhere, "The wound is inside Safa." I mention, as I sniff chuckling sadly.

Safa grabs my arm as she hugs me, holding onto me tightly. "What happened?" She whispers against my hijab, as Hania holds onto my hand before we manage to make our way inside of my house and upstairs to my room.

I notice the nervous glances that are thrown across the room from Yusuf to Hania but I decide to ignore it, he's probably worried about what's going on with me and Hania is giving the 'ask later' glance.

As I sit on my bed, I feel my heart clench at my chest as a throbbing pain attacks my head as I let out sobs, voluntarily. My vision blurs away as I feel my whole world disappear away slowly, one by one.

Is this it? Is this how everything is supposed to end?

- - -

- A/N -

My poor Inaya 💔😭

The cliffhanger doesn't help, either! 😤

Next update : Sunday 7th June 2020