27

• • •

Opening my eyes, another throbbing headache takes over. "Ow!" I manage to say, I hear a few movements around the room indicating someone is in my room.

"Are you okay?" Safa jumps to my side, I nod ever so slowly trying to be careful with every move that I make.

"Inaya, drink some water." Hania places a glass of water in my hand as I open my eyes looking around. I take a minute to feel my eye lid, noticing that it is indeed swollen. Groaning, I gulp all the water down in one go before leaving it on my side table.

"Thank you." A small grin escapes from my lips to my two best friends.

They both shake their head at me, "This is our job, you're always there for us so we are always here for you." Safa holds my hand, in comfort.

I look over at Hania, taking off my hijab but noticing that it has already been taken off. Safa or Hania must have taken it off for me.

"Did I pass out?" I sit up, looking at both of my best friends before touching the rest of my face to make sure that I am alright.

They both nod at me, "You were sitting there for a moment and the next, you were laying down passed out." Hania explains, worriedly. "Don't worry, we slept over to make sure you're all right in the morning." Safa finishes off, as she checks her phone.

"Atif wants to meet with us, is it okay if he comes over?" Safa asks, ready to type back a message. I nod at her with a weak smile as she texts him back.

I've grown to a certain extent with Atif, he's like a brother to me at this point.

"Your mum has been busy working as you know, due to her shifts. Same with your dad, he's been away on some business trip as you already know, he's coming home tonight though." Hania explains, "Yusuf knows but he's not exactly happy about it and nor are we." Hania hisses the last bit, I take a look at Safa too.

"Did he seriously decide to leave you?" Safa asks, genuinely curious. I slowly nod at her.

As thoughts of Daniel's words take up my mind once again, sending chills down my spine.

'What if we're not all that we thought?'

'My world is different to yours.'

She seems outraged but mind-blowned. "Well, he surely sucks. No one should ever dare to leave you, Inaya, unless they are a complete asshole such as Daniel."

I laugh at what Safa said to which I notice an actual smile from both of them which I haven't seen since last night.

"I've already planned the murder." Hania grabs her phone, calling Yusuf from her phone. I raise my brow, I've never given her Yusuf's number before?

"And I've made the grave." The bell goes off at that point, "Guess that's our person who will be helping us to make this assassination occur." Safa gladly tells me, as she joyfully skips down the stairs to see who it is.

I grab my hijab, wrapping it around my head as thoughts of Daniel flow through my mind.

Was it really that easy? Was these past months nothing to him? Did he just use me and throw me away just like what he has done with other girls?

"Stop it, Inaya. Don't blame yourself either, it's his loss." Hania simply states as she sits down next to me laying her head on my shoulder.

"That assassination will happen, I don't even care whether he is my best friend or not. He's put himself in such a shitty place. As well as, he's got rid of the one person who would have done anything for him." Atif makes his way to my room, as I notice Yusuf come inside of my room too.

Yusuf looks over at me with rage purely in his eyes, I shake my head at him.

I laugh at what Atif has just said, "Even through all the shit you just went through, you're still trying to be positive."

I gulp, "What else can I do?" I close my eyes but it hurts every time I do. It just reminds me of how I used to be with Daniel, his sweet gestures, the stupid pick-up lines and adorable moments.

Opening my eyes, I notice Yusuf is holding my hand. "I can't believe he just gave up on the most wonderful person ever." His other hand turns into a fist, "He's messed with the wrong fucking person and family."

He stands up abruptly, "Yusuf, please don't—"

I didn't even get to finish my sentence as I realise that he's already left as the door bangs closed.

Hania gulps, "I'll let Yusuf do that, once he finishes with Daniel. I and Safa are next." She looks over at Safa, to which she nods at her.

I roll my eyes at them, "I love you guys." Even saying it to Atif, Atif has always been here through all the things that have happened between Daniel and I.

"Thank you." I whisper to three of them from my bed as I sit there looking at all three of them, before getting up to freshen up as I head over to the bathroom.

• • •

The rest of the day, three of them tried to cheer me up. I was worried about Yusuf, and as much I hate to admit Daniel too.

Atif left shortly as he had to go deal with some things, to which I said to him it's fine. He felt guilty but I convinced him that's it's okay.

I would steal glances at the door, trying to accept the fact that Daniel is still here. He's still in my life, last night was just a nightmare.

But then I take a look at my face, realising how broken I am. I had grown too far attached that now it's so hard for me to let go of him.

"Stop looking at the door!" Safa scolds me, as she looks at the jenga game indicating that it is my turn.

The door finally opens, as I start to take a piece out. My head turns towards the sound of the door opening, as the jenga tower falls to the floor.

"Oh, Inaya!" Hania tells me off, as she laughs after.

I grin, before noticing that it's my dad.

He's home from his business trip, he notices us three on the floor playing and he grins over at us.

My legs manage to gather enough strength to stand up, Hania and Safa closely follow behind to make sure that I don't fall or end up hurting myself somehow.

He kisses my head, "Salaam beti (daughter)."

I grin under him, hugging onto him, "Salaam abu (father)."

- - -

- A/N -

Inaya's heart is broken 🥺

But I love her friends! They're still there to support her through this hardship. 😪

Next update : Wednesday 10th June 2020