eight.

"You're not gunna fall asleep during the ceremony are you?"

I glanced at Lindsee alongside me suspiciously, there had been five yawns in the past ten minutes, and we still at least another ten until we got to the venue.

"Of course not." Lindsee poked me making me jump and slap her hand away, "Are you nervous?"

"Me? No, why would I be?" I laughed as I looked at her like she was crazy, "It's not my wedding."

I glanced at my garment bag laying on the opposite seat to us, Lindsee's was there too and I swallowed, I had nothing to be nervous about.

"I'm just saying, if I knew I was about to see my ex at a wedding, I'd be shitting my pants."

"Thanks for that!" I snapped, Lindsee holding her hands up in defence before she laughed and I shook my head and sighed. "No, it'll be fine. I doubt he even cares. I don't care."

"Yeah of course you don't care," Lindsee hummed, "That's why you spent two hours on your hair."

"I can stop this car right now and you can fuck off."

Lindsee laughed at my threat and I rolled my eyes as I shook my head at her, I mean I wasn't exactly joking but I didn't think I would make it through today without her.

I fingered the lace sleeves of my dress before glancing at Lindsee and her dress which was almost, sort of matching mine but not really, I guess we just complimented each other.

Mine was a long sleeved dusty fuchsia D&G knee length dress with a full skirt and embroidered with flowers in a kind of metallic sheen whereas hers was Valentino in a sandy rose colour with rows of embroidered flowers and scalloped short sleeves and hem.

We hadn't planned to be like this but we'd gone shopping together the day she arrived in an attempt to keep Lindsee awake and we'd just stumbled upon them and decided it was them or nothing.

"We're here Miss Carmichael."

I looked out the window to see we had pulled in front of the building but we were the third car in the line and I sucked in a breath.

"Thanks James. I'll just get a taxi home tonight." I smiled as Lindsee climbed out with her garment bag.

"No need Miss, just give me a call." James replied and I sucked my teeth. "Poppy seriously, we all know you're the nicest Carmichael. This is my job."

"Text me if anything changes then." I caved in as he smiled and nodded and I followed Lindsee and grabbed my bag.

I had given in and called on my Father's car service mainly because my dress was three and a half thousand pounds and I really didn't want to get on the tube or sit in a dirty city taxi.

"Ready?" Lindsee asked and I nodded as I smiled at a couple who I assumed were also here for Eleanor and Louis as they were dressed immaculately.

"I'm probably going to cry." I warned as we headed up the steps, my eyes widening as I took in the lobby. "Holy shit."

"Yeah holy shit."

"Good afternoon, may I take your name."

I blinked as a man dressed in a suit and tie spoke to me and I nodded, just as a waitress handed both Lindsee and I a glass of champagne.

"Poppy Carmichael, and my plus one." I smiled politely at him watching as he nodded with a smile.

"Ah yes, welcome Miss Carmichael. Miss Calder has arranged for your other outfits to placed with hers in a private room, Lucy can take those for you."