eighteen.

Harry 4:39pm: Niall just walked into the door of his office.

How'd he do that?

Harry 4:39pm: Its glass.

I quickly covered my mouth as I laughed, ducking my head down as to not draw attention to myself as I sat at my desk, the mound of paperwork that I'd been slowly but surely filing and signing had shrunk over the day.

I still had a couple of files that needed my signature scribbled on, but somehow the messages that Harry had been sending my way every day since I'd hung out with him and his dog were more important.

Has it always been glass?

I flipped through a couple of pages to find the little sticky tabs pointed where I needed to sign before I stuck them back where my boss needed to sign and put them in the pile with the other folders to go to her.

I glanced back at my phone to see no response from Harry just yet and I bit my lip.

I had to remember he was at work too, and just because we'd spent a few hours together didn't really mean anything. I mean sure, the drive back to my flat from the café had been longer than google maps said it was.

I'd looked it up in the lift when I got home, sue me.

But we were just two people hanging out...dare I say, friends? I actually didn't know.

It wasn't like we were ever really friends in the first place anyway, god knows Harry did not like me when we first met and then he did like me and then we were kissing so I guess there really hadn't been a friend period.

A sudden buzzing on my desk made me jump and my pen wobbled as I signed a piece of paper and I looked at my phone in surprise, my heart lifting as I hoped it was Harry.

I frowned as I looked at the number, it wasn't in my contacts and it most definitely wasn't Harry and I kicked myself for being so ridiculous. Why would it have been Harry?

"Poppy Carmichael."

"Miss Carmichael, it's Alister Harris; manager of the Canary Wharf office for Carmichael Holdings. How are you?"

I frowned as I listened to the man on the phone, I knew who Alister was. He'd worked at Carmichael Holdings for literally as long as I could remember, as in I remembered going to that building with Mum to visit my Father and Alister working there.

Why was he calling me?

"I'm fine thank you. What can I do for you, Alister?" I asked politely as I finished stacking the pile of documents for Cynthia.

Finished with fifteen minutes to spare.

"We are outsourcing our accounting team to a different firm and myself and one of our account managers are going to the new brand to finalise the deal as well as handing over relevant documents. Miss Carmichael, you're currently the only Carmichael in the country and we need you to come with us to oversee the transaction."

"I don't work for the company." I said simply, as I gathered my things up with one hand before I scooped up the folders and headed towards Cynthia's PA's desk and I smiled my thanks at her.

"I'm aware of that Miss Carmichael. But as a Carmichael, you are required to be present in this meeting. You're effectively in charge of the London branch of Carmichael Holdings whilst your Father is away."

Fuck.

I rolled my eyes, as much as I wanted to tell Alister to fuck off I knew I couldn't and probably shouldn't.