ten.

"Beds with legs, haha that's funny."

I laughed quietly to myself before I actually looked at the screen properly and pouted when I realised I'd misread it. It was beds and then beds with storage.

Oh.

That wasn't funny, but I suppose that's what I got for looking at furniture at half past eleven at night. But I wasn't tired and there was an Italian in my bed that I didn't particularly want to sleep next to right now.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Giovanni indeed still asleep in my bed and I sucked my teeth as I pulled my leg up underneath me and went back to the ikea website.

I couldn't help myself, I'd only see the flats two days ago but I was excited, and it didn't help that Linsdee was excited too. I knew she liked the house but she was also excited to live on her own and I understood that.

There was a really nice freedom that we had when we had our flat in New York, I mean having to pay rent just to have somewhere to live wasn't fun but I guess that's the same as having a mortgage and bills for a house.

Not that this house had a mortgage and it wasn't like I even used my money for the bills here.

Depending on what Lindsee and James, my lawyer, thought on Tuesday, it was after that that I could actually start getting excited. Although the flat in Bloomsbury was the one I was pretty sure Lindsee was going to like.

And I hadn't seen anything that could cause a problem so I'm sure James would give us the green light. But then again Lindsee and I had moved into our first flat after one look and quickly discovered that there was mould in the bathroom.

But we weren't exactly the smartest.

I quickly snapped a picture of a bed frame that had caught my eye and sent it to Lindsee, that was anther reason why I wasn't asleep.

I knew she was awake and just across the hall.

I clicked through the pictures of Leirvik, the white steel bed frame was simple and pretty, especially the curled steel pattern in the headboard and I hummed as I read the description, I was a romantic and I did like fairy tales.

I froze as I heard a noise and I immediately glanced over my shoulder at Giovanni who was still asleep and I frowned. I sat there silently to see if it was Lindsee coming out of her room but I didn't hear her door open.

I looked over my shoulder stupidly as I heard the faint sound of gravel crunching and I felt my heart stutter in fear, was that the gravel on my driveway?

I closed my laptop and pushed away from my desk and slowly crossed the room and pulled back one curtain slightly, Giovanni didn't like it when I slept with the curtains open, and peaked out.

I frowned as I couldn't see anything and I strained my eyes as if I was trying to find something.

But I couldn't and I shook my head as I stood up. I chewed my lip as I gave one last glance at Giovanni before I slipped out of my room.

There was a sliver of light coming from under the door to Lindsee's room as I crept pass and down the stairs slowly. I wished I could be that person that just ignored things like this, I mean I wasn't even sure of what I'd heard!

And what if it was something! What if it was someone coming to break in? What the hell was I going to do?

A five foot three girl who weighed eighty five pounds wasn't exactly scary.

"No need to be 'ere, don't needa be here, this is Poppy's house..."

I froze as I heard someone speaking, my heart beat increasing as I stood there, if someone was about to break in they sounded crazy.