thirty.

maybe a trigger warning for you guys, maybe not x

tw ed

-----------------------

h.

I glanced at the time on my phone before I looked back at my printer, why I'd left it to now to print off these articles I had no idea but then again, it was me and I was kind of stupid.

I patted Gatsby's head as he wandered into my room before he bypassed me and out onto the balcony and I let my eyes follow him before he squatted and I sneered.

Of course, he was taking a shit.

I grabbed the paperwork once it was finished just as I heard the front door open and I smiled instinctively as I left my room to find Flower stepping over the threshold.

"Hi, best friend."

I watched from my spot leaning against the end of the counter as Flower toed her heels off and looked up with furrowed eyebrows.

"Me?" Flower pointed at herself and I couldn't help but laugh as I nodded.

"Course you." I hummed as she made her way over to me and I stood up straight before I dipped my head and pressed our lips together.

"I thought Niall was your best friend." Flower said as she pulled back and I shrugged before I wrapped an arm around her waist and tugged her back to me.

"Who'd pick him over you?" I joked, although it wasn't really a joke before I pressed our lips back together, she never kissed me for long enough these days.

It wasn't that I couldn't get enough, or that I was needy, or that I missed her when we were at work...okay so maybe it was exactly all those things but I couldn't help it.

I loved Flower and I was in love with her and I just wanted her around all the time.

Which made the conversation I knew I had to have with her tonight all that much harder. Not that it already wasn't hard considering I didn't know what the fuck I was doing and I didn't want to make anything worse than it already was.

"I wanna talk to yeh' about some stuff." I rubbed my jaw as I pulled away, Flower's eyes darting up to me before she looked away and I knew she was already starting to panic. "I love you."

"I love you too." Flower replied instantly, stepping out of my grip with an eyebrow raised.

"And we need to talk because I love you."

"You're worrying me H." Flower chewed her lip as I picked up one of her hands and pulled her away from the kitchen and over to the sofa.

"Tha's the thing Flower, you're worrying me and I know you're going to think I'm overreacting or being a dickhead, but I worry because I love yeh' and m'don't wanna see anything bad happen to yeh'."

"What on earth are you going on about?" Flower asked as Gatsby wandered over and sat down beside her and I watched as her hand was immediately buried in his fur and I smiled slightly to myself.

I looked at Flower for a long minute before I licked my lips, it was now or never.

"You ate the least on Niall's birthday."

I rolled my eyes at myself as Flower looked at me in confusion and I mentally kicked myself, I really had no idea what I was doing, I just knew I wanted to and needed to talk to her about this.

Maybe I should have written it down first...

"You cooked all that food and you do all the cooking anyway but I know you eat the least." I tried again and I watched as realisation dawned on Flower's face before it was gone and her expression hardened.