thirty six.

"Kind of feel like I'm sleeping with the enemy."

I looked at the guy standing alongside Harry and me on the pavement and I faked a laugh as I nodded.

"Hope you're not really sleeping with her."

I nudged Harry as he rolled his eyes at me but I couldn't help but laugh quietly to myself at the look on Edward's face.

I mean I didn't know him and I didn't really care considering we weren't the ones who worked together and I also wasn't the one who went to dinner with him last night and then for some reason invited him to come to watch the fireworks with us.

"Oh n-no I was just making a joke," Edwards stuttered out at Harry and I rolled my lips together at Harry's smirk, "I w-was talking about Lindsee."

"Oh so was I."

I elbowed Harry in the side harder making him squeeze my hand and I gave him a look just as the front door to our building opened and I glanced over my shoulder to find my best friend coming out and I gave her a pointed look.

"So are you guys going in your car?" I directed the question at Lindsee and Edward, I knew Harry definitely didn't care for him and I had to admit I wasn't too keen either.

"Oh, I can't drive." Edward admitted and I swallowed thickly as I saw the look on Harry's face.

"You're sitting the in back." Harry muttered and Lindsee nodded dutifully and I followed as Harry tugged my hand.

"What kind of adult can't drive?" Harry muttered as the two of us climbed into his car and I shook my head.

"Me until like two weeks ago."

"You're different."

"How?" I raised an eyebrow at him just as I glanced over my shoulder to see Lindsee getting in the car.

"I love you."

I rolled my eyes at Harry but pressed my lips to the back of his hand as he pulled away from the curb.

"What time are the fireworks?" Lindsee asked just as my phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out to see her name on the screen.

"Starts at eight fifteen." Harry muttered as I opened the message.

L💛 7:58pm: He's boring

So why is he here?!

L💛 7:58pm: Because

That's not an answer best friend

L 💛7:59pm: don't guilt me

I glanced over my shoulder to find Lindsee shrugging and I shook my head at her, I knew why he was here. But I loved Lindsee and although she was annoying she was my best friend and I wasn't about to be mean.

"So how come you can't drive?" I asked Edward, my eyes flicking to him in the wing mirror and I swatted Harry's hand as it squeezed my thigh tightly.

"Oh, I tried," Edward laughed, "Tried and failed. Multiple times actually."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, I don't test very well." Edward said and I narrowed my eyes at nothing in particular in front of me.

"And yet you're a lawyer?"

"Oh, I'm a paralegal. I mostly do the behind the scenes paperwork, I don't have a lot to do with clients." Edward explained.