four.

"I do not understand why you care for these so much mio Fiore."

I glanced over my shoulder at the sound of Giovanni's voice, my eyes flicking to Lindsee who was lounging on my bed eating a bowl of chilli cheese fries and she rolled her eyes at me before I looked back to the Italian.

"What are you talking about?" I hummed, nodding at Mitch who showed me a book and pointed at a bag.

I smiled absentmindedly at the fact Mitch had asked for reassurance on pretty much every second item he'd packed so far, whereas his girlfriend Sarah just knew. It was kinda like Lindsee too, when she had been helping; she just knew what things went in what suitcases.

Maybe it was a girl thing.

But I wasn't going to complain, they didn't have to be here helping me pack up, but they were. I couldn't believe how lucky I'd gotten that when Lindsee had introduced me to her friends, over a year ago now, how nice they were and how much they seemed to like me too.

I also couldn't believe that I was heading home in a week.

The past month seemed to have flown by and it was all so surreal that Lindsee and I had finished our very last year of university and that our lease of the flat was coming to an end at the end of July.

Life seemed to be happening all very quickly.

"This jewellery." Giovanni said and I bit back a sigh as I turned to look at him again.

Did he have to insult everything I owned?

It was like on Friday night, Lindsee, Mitch, Sarah, Adam, a friend of Mitch's, and one of Sarah's roommates Charlotte and I all went out, mostly to celebrate the fact Lindsee and I had finished university but so had Charlotte and Sarah at nearby NYU.

I hadn't invited Giovanni purely because, well, I didn't want to.

But it was rare that Lindsee and I actually drank. Sure we went out but we usually had one or two for appearances (which meant Instagram photos) and then switched to water or soda for the rest of the night, she was like me.

Liked a drink every now and again but wasn't overly keen on getting absolutely hammered, although there had been a few nights where we had.

My first 'spring break' here had been like that, so had NYE my first year here, and in fact last years too and a handful of other nights throughout the year where we just felt like it.

Friday was just another one of those nights.

But Giovanni had moaned about it because he saw a photo I'd put on my Instagram, apparently its unbecoming for a woman like me to be so publicly drunk.

I mean honestly, fuck off I'm twenty three?

And Niall and Eleanor seemed to love it judging by the comments they'd left on the photo and subsequent video.

"They have sentimental value." I said once I remembered Giovanni had actually spoken to me, mainly because I heard his tongue clicking and I caught Lindsee glaring at him out the corner of my eye.

I loved her.

"But this one? Your name doesn't even begin with an H."

My head snapped to face him as I saw him pluck out the silver chain and I dropped the clothes I was holding to snatch it out of his hands.

"Don't touch that." I practically hissed, aware of Sarah and Mitch glancing at each other uncomfortably and I swallowed, feeling bad immediately. "It's an old friends."