Gradients

He wanted to make sure they were ok before he left but he was not about to get smacked by a hysterical person with claws

He wanted to make sure they were ok before he left but he was not about to get smacked by a hysterical person with claws. "Keep it humid in here & he'll wake up around April. He's going to be hungry when he comes back around. You need to give him lots of calcium rich foods." He reached for the door knob & found it really was stuck, even for him.

"What, like milk?"

*Geeze, chic really doesn't know anything about her brother!*

"No. Vegetables. Broccoli, spinach, kale, brussel sprouts. His shell is mostly calcium carbonate. You know give him all the stuff kids don't like."

"What do I do, just wait around the whole rest of the year until he wakes up? I don't even know if I'll be able to get my hands on fresh food when the time comes." Noni walked back to the little counter in the corner & leaned over it.

"He'll need it when he wakes up. He'll crave it."

She tried to laugh but just sounded hopeless; "I guess I won't have to worry about making him eat his vegetables."

"No, probably not." Donnie liked her humor & she seemed like she was really a sweet person, just overwhelmed & confused about her future. She obviously had a hard time asking for help, so he would just offer it. "Don't worry, I'll bring you some."

"I can manage. We're good." It wasn't so much a snap as it was a dismissal, & he understood it well from the way he reacted to others,  himself.

"I'd just like to help." 

"Would you really even remember we're here next year?"

He could tell she was experienced in being forgotten. So many others here had been left behind, after their mutations. They chose to isolate themselves rather than reaching out to eachother. Donatello had wanted them to have so much more. "I won't forget about you. I kinda know where you live." He laughed gently trying to ease her distrust & forgetting her insults quickly. "I'd like to call you a friend."

"I'm sorry. I'm being so rude to you." She accepting, in the form of an apology.

"Weeelll maybe a little." Donnie held his fingers up in a pinch to measure out a small amount. He moved back into the room, away from the broken door, & took a good look around, noticing the picture of a beautiful, carmel complected human family, hung on the one open wall. "It's ok, you're on your own with him, I guess."

"It's alright.."

"How long have you been down here?" He realized they had nothing. A tv with rabbit ears, a cd player, a microwave, the recliner her brother now slept in, & a small love seat. There was a tiny sling cot in the back corner sectioned off by a curtain & some kind of pony wall.