1.2) Adelaide's Birthday

18 months later...

Today was July 5th, Adelaide's birthday. She didn't have any other plans than having dinner with her family. She was currently at the White House, in the Queen's room, her bedroom, getting ready to greet the Koreans that were supposed to arrive later today.

Adelaide opened her room's door and saw Roma and O'Neil standing outside her door with a new guy she has never seen before.

"Happy birthday, Miss," they all said in sync, with small smiles on their faces.

"Thanks, guys," she chuckled. "Let's go for a coffee. It's on me. Although I'm more in the mood for a tea."

"I'm afraid we can't let you go outside the White House," O'Neil said and she sighed. "The Koreans are visiting, and the President doesn't want any distractions."

"Well, today is my birthday and you guys want to see me happy, right?" She asked with puppy eyes, and they playfully rolled their eyes at her blackmail. "We'll go there and come back, it'll be quick. No one will even notice."

Roma and O'Neil looked at each other before sighing, and accepted her request. They informed between themselves and the other agents through the radio that they would go out with her for a moment, and then come back, immediately.

They all hopped into a car and drove to her favorite caffe. On the way she learned that the new guy's name was Jones, and that he was excited to finally work with the Secret Service.

꧁⚠︎︎꧂

Meanwhile all that was in motion, Mike Banning was having coffee with Lynne Jacobs, director of the Secret Service.

"How was your fourth?" Lynne asked him as she glanced at him from the top of the newspaper she was reading.

Things were getting a little heated at home for Mike. After his divorce, he has worked non-stop at the Treasury to keep himself busy.

"My fourth what?" He asked, confused.

"Your 4th of July. Don't be an ass," she stated, and he smirked at her words. "Some people do take holidays, you know?"

"Ah! You know, it was quiet, I stayed in," he said simply, and she scoffed.

꧁⚠︎︎꧂

Once Adelaide and the rest got to the caffe, she waited outside for a few minutes until the Secret Service agents checked it was safe for her to go in.

While she was in line, she noticed her agents looking in a specific direction. She turned to look what or who they were looking at, and she lightly gasped in surprise, at the sight of the former agent, Mike Banning, sitting with Lynne at a table near the door.

"Guys," she called for the agents, and those close to her immediately walked to her side. "Go and talk to him while I order. I'll be with you guys in a minute."

"Miss, you know we can't—"

"Roma, I know how to handle myself," she said in a serious tone, and smiled with pure happiness. "What would you all like to drink? And do not even try to reject it! I won't accept 'No' for an answer."

"Black coffee?" He asked as he glanced at his partners, who agreed with him. "If you please... Thank you, Miss."

"Alright. Now go talk to him, I know how much you all miss him," she said sincerely, her smile never left her face.

They sighed in defeat, but nodded gratefully, and walked to Mike's table, while still being cautious of her. Roma approached Mike first, who smiled a bit at the sight of his former colleagues.