3.9) Whatever It Takes

Mike, Adelaide and Clay were walking away from the cabin, they couldn't stay there even if it wasn't likely that Wade Jennings would send more men to their way.

"Has this ever been washed?" Mike asked as he adjusted the jacket his father gave him.

"No. Does it fit?" His father asked him, she held back a laugh, Mike noticed and glared at her before looking back at his father. "Hold this."

"Wait. That's all you're taking?" Mike asked as his father as he handed him some papers and his typewriter.

"I ain't letting no bureaucratic pricks read about my life," he stated, and sighed. "No offense, Adelaide."

"None taken, Clay," she chuckled, she knew he was referring to her co-workers from the FBI, who might later show up to inspect what happened.

Suddenly, an old car appeared before their eyes as Clay lifted a layer.

"Oh, my God. You still got it," Mike's jaw dropped.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"She got an engine?" Mike asked.

"She lights the tires," his father nodded.

Clay drove with Adelaide in the middle and Mike on the side of the window. Adelaide grabbed a sheet of paper, a pen and started to write the coordinates of the location of the cabin.

"The tool cameras are just up ahead," Clay told them. "You sure about this?"

"Yeah," Adelaide nodded. "It's the only way to draw them out there."

"Well at least disguise yourselves," he suggested.

"No. Then we look guilty," Mike answered.

"We'll you two already look guilty. What the fuck's the difference?" Clay stated, earning a look from his son and his daughter-in-law.

꧁⚠︎︎꧂

Agent Ramirez and Thompson were on their way to the cabin by chopper, the forensics and other agents were already there inspecting the scene.

"HRT has cleared the cabin. They say half the mountainside was blown away. Bodies lined up on the porch," Ramirez informed his partner through the headset of the chopper, as he zoomed in the image of Mike and Adelaide. He was holding the coordinates and Adelaide's paper said 'Bring A USB Adaptor'.

"I wonder why they led us here," she said as she looked out the window.

When they arrived to the scene, the agents frowned as they looked around at the mess Mike and Adelaide created, because the FBI doesn't know about Mike's father.

"'We work for Salient'," Agent Ramirez read what was written on the wall above the bodies and looked at it through his tablet. "Salient Global, owned and operated by—"

"Wade Jennings," Helen stated.

"Yeah. You got a history?" He asked her.

"I had to investigate some of Salient's messes when I was over in Iraq," she explained. "Any positive IDs?"

"These guys? No, not a one. Again. Forensics says there's not a single match in any Federal database," he explained. "What is this? Is this Moscow tying up loose ends, or is this Banning and Starlight trying to throw us off the trail?"

"Alright. What if Banning and Starlight were being set up? Who would have the capabilities to pull this off, and who would benefit the most?" She asked him.