3.10) A True Condition Red

"What exactly do you remember?" The Chief of Staff, Sam, asked the President, whose eyes were now open and was starting to wake up.

"Some kind of drone attack," he responded. "I was floating in the water. A lot of my protection team killed."

"Do you remember where Mike Banning was at the time?" Director Gentry asked.

"Was Mike killed?" The President frowned.

"This is very difficult to say, sir. We know how much you trusted him. We all did. But we found that Mike was hiding certain things from the Secret Service and from you," he explained.

"What things?" The President asked.

"Both physical and mental issues," he answered.

"The FBI also has substantial evidence that he was getting support from the Kremlin. Including a $10 million payment," the Chief of Staff added. "Adelaide Asher was also attacked by the drones when she was on her way to the hospital."

"And how is she?" He asked.

"Alive. She's with Mike," David explained.

"What else?" The President asked.

"Kirby's very close to going to war with Russia over the assassination attempt," Sam added.

"Get him on the phone," the President demanded.

"Yes, sir," he nodded.

꧁⚠︎︎꧂

Wade Jennings' men were inspecting the hospital's digital blueprints. They inspected every entrance and security cameras.

"Okay, we found a way in. No compromise," the man in front of the computer informed the rest.

"I don't pay you guys enough money," Wade told his men.

"We have an incoming helicopter," another informed him.

"Get a camera on that," he ordered.

"Salient, this is 145 with the FBI on a matter of national security. Permission to land," the pilot of the helicopter announced through radio.

"145, you're clear to land," Wade said and walked away to the exit.

The helicopter was landing in the middle of the base. Agent Thompson and Agent Ramirez already knew Salient Global was a corrupt organization, but Helen still wanted to know what Wade Jennings had to say about that.

The agents got off the helicopter as Wade Jennings and another of his men walked towards them.

"Mr. Jennings. I'm Helen Thompson. I don't think we've ever had the privilege," she started.

"I wouldn't call it privilege," he stated. "Agent Thompson's the reason we're fighting our wars with one hand tied to our dicks."

"So I guess you know why we're here," she said.

"You said it was a matter of national security," he said.

"Yeah. When was the last time you spoke to Mike Banning?" She asked.

"Well, if you're doing your job, you'd know the answer to that question," he answered.

"Oh, I do. Let's see if we come up with the same answer," she stated.

Before any of them could blink, Wade Jennings shot Agent Thompson, Ramirez and the pilot.

"I am what I am," he said, before shooting her one last time in the head. Then, he and the man walked away to where they came from. "If Mike led her here, the feds will be onto us. We're pulling the plug."