3.1) Salient Global

Four years later...

Mike and Adelaide couldn't be more happier. They have a healthy three year old girl named Lynne Mary Banning Asher, just like they once agreed.

After her father's administration was over, for the first time in eight years, Adelaide and her father are living full time in separate houses. Adelaide and Mike live near the White House and the FBI Headquarters; and since her father wanted Connor to finish school, the two are staying at a house in Georgetown, near his school.

It was late on a Friday night, and Adelaide was watching Rapunzel with Lynne in the living room. Her daughter was asleep on the couch, but she decided to leave her there until the movie was over, and then take her to her bedroom.

"Hey, babe," Mike greeted her once he stepped out of the kitchen and chuckled when he saw the TV. "Rapunzel? Really?"

"You know that's her favorite princess," she smiled. "How was work?"

"I've watched it so many fucking times, I could tell you all the lines of the movie," he stated as he placed his hands on her shoulders, giving her a gentle massage. "Work was fine. Any plans for next week? Besides the usual?"

"Remember my college best friend? Chantelle? She's having a party tomorrow, she wants us there," she smirked, and Mike scoffed. "Yeah, you're invited too."

"I'm busy tomorrow," he said and she frowned.

"No, you're not. There's nothing in the calendar, and even if there were, you would've told me," she laughed at his excuse. "My friends love you!"

"Interrogations, creating gossip, that's what they love," he rolled his eyes. "But I'm going to Virginia to see my friend Wade, remember? Salient Global, I think that's what's called. I forgot to put that in the calendar, I'm sorry."

"Oh, right! You mentioned it," she chuckled and sighed. "I guess it's just me and Lynne, then."

"You know, your friends should have their own reality show," he smirked and she laughed.

"At least they keep me entertained," she said and he raised an eyebrow. "And now that you mentioned it, a reality show with me and my friends could be interesting."

"Why can't I be your entertainment this weekend?" He asked seductively, making her giggle. "Or every day of every week?"

"Is that so? How could you possibly entertain me?" She teased him and then the two looked at their daughter sleeping next to them on the couch.

"I can think of a few ways," he smirked. "But first things first, it's almost nine and you seem to be very awake. I'll take Lynne to her bed while you put your training clothes and then, we go to the basement to do some boxing."

"Boxing?" She frowned.

"Boxing," he nodded.

"You're not serious, are you?" She asked, but her mouth dropped when he gently grabbed his daughter's sleeping body and walked away to her room. "Damn it."

Adelaide did what he told her to do, and waited for him in the gym they had in the basement. He changed after he left their daughter in her bedroom. He walked towards Adelaide who was staring at Lynne from her tablet. Mike and Adelaide could spent hours staring at their little girl, even if she was sleeping, and never get bored. The secret service agents gifted Mike multiple cameras to put in Lynne's bedroom, but instead, he put two there and the others all over the house, specially at the front and the backyard.