Chapter 1: Summer Break

Ruby giggles happily as she empties out her locker at Signal Academy.

And the reason for this is because today was the last day of school and after that summer vacation.

But her happiness was ruined by a certain green-mohawk wearing boy who had slammed his hand on the lockers right next to her.

"Hey babe." Russel said flirtatiously.

Ruby sneers in disgust as she continues to empty her locker out and didn't give the bully the satisfaction of a glance. "Not in the mood Thrush." She stated.

"Aw, come on babe there's no reason to play hard to get." He purred.

The Huntress in training bared her teeth as she tried to control the urge to hit him but thankfully, she was saved by her best friend Dolce Plum.

"She's not playing hard to get; you're just playing hard to get rid of Thrush." She said as she gets between her friend and the wannabe bully.

Russel glare angrily at the pink haired girl. "Stay out of this Plum!" he hissed.

Ruby rolls her eyes as she grabs the last item in her locker and used her hip to close it shut. "Come on Dolce. I'm finished." She stated and walked away.

Dolce smirks at Russel one last time before following her friend.

"Ugh, I am so happy that he's going off to Beacon next school year." Dolce proclaimed.

"Yeah, and maybe by the next two years hopefully he finds someone else to charm." Ruby stated.

But once the words come out of her mouth the Huntress stops to think about it and shivers in horror. "I feel sorry for that poor girl." She stated and then started walking again.

"True that." Dolce said laughing.

"So, what are your plans for summer vacation?" she asked.

"I'm going to spend the summer with a friend of mine. Damian." Ruby answered.

The purple eyed girl smirks, "Ooh, you mean the mysterious boyfriend I've been hearing about?" she teased.

The young huntress blushes "He's not my boyfriend." She replied.

"Yet."

Ruby rolled her eyes "Whatever."

"But on a serious note. You have to introduce us sometime. It would be fun to see on what makes this boy so special that you're able to sleep over his house for long periods of time." She stated.

"Damian's a special case." Ruby stated.

Dolce smirks at that and bats her eyelashes "Ooh he's a special case huh? How special?" she questioned teasingly.

"None of your business." Ruby said looking away from her friend.

The pinkette pouts "Oh come on, I'm your best friend please tell me." She begged and tried use the power of her puppy dog eyes.