Chapter 16: Strength

Feeling her strength weaken by the second Raven flies up to the platform and the second she was on solid ground she fell to her knees exhausted.

Grabbing onto a jagged rock that was coming from the ground the sorceress uses it to help herself up and then starts to walk towards the crystal.

But unknowing to her there was someone watching her from above.

And as she walked forward a path grew in front of her that connected to the second platform.

But the second that she made it and was about to touch the crystal it was shattered by a flying sword which boomeranged around and was caught by the one responsible for the crystal's destruction.

Looking at the crystal in shock Raven tried to look up at who did that but before she could she was kicked in the face and was sent onto the ground, knocked out cold.

Walking over to her the assailant raises his sword in order to deal the final blow but before he could both Robin and Red land onto the platform in between him and Raven.

And when they looked at him their eyes widen in shock since the person, they are looking at right now is Ra's al Ghul.

But he was different, he looked the same except for the fact that his skin was gray, and he had soulless red eyes.

"Grandfather?" Robin said in shock.

"Damian, my blood. Ruby, my darling granddaughter in law." Said the undead assassin.

The couple narrow their eyes at this man, there is no way this could be Ra's. They know they saw him die.

"It's a trick. We saw you die." Robin said as him and Red point their weapons at him.

"No trick, it's me. I assure you." Ra's said and takes a small step forward. "I exist. Lord Trigon is my sustenance." he added.

"He's a devil." Red stated angrily.

"No. He's a god of necessity. How do you think I attained my power? Where do you think the Lazarus Pits came from? It's all his doing, and he can make things whole again for a price." The undead assassin explained.

"He can give us the world we wanted. You and I. A perfect world." He added.

He then points his blade at Raven who had already regained consciousness "She's the only one who stands in the way. Prove your love, children. Take care of this for me. Before my pact with Trigon expires."

Robin looks at Raven and thinks about what his grandfather wants him to do and realized he could not do something like that. Not only because of his father's training but because of his growing friendship with the sorceress. "I...I would do anything to bring you back. But, Grandfather, I don't..."

Before he could even finish his sentence, Ra's cuts him off and walks closer to him until his son's blade was just a few inches away from his chest. "You hesitate. Why?" he demanded.

"Are you afraid to do the one act that will restore me to life?" he inquired.

"I'm not afraid of anything." Robin proclaimed.

Red scoffs, "You must've hit your head when you died to even think I would kill one of my own friends." She stated.

Ra's glares angrily at them, "You dare disobey me?" he challenged.

"Have you forgotten your heritage? You are al Ghuls!" he exclaimed.

"No, we're Titans." Robin said and lunges forward to fight his grandfather.