Chapter 13: Raven's Story

Starfire punches a demon and it goes flying into a popcorn stand.

Raven and Starfire looked at the destroyed stand as the smoke cleared to reveal that the demon was still moving.

It growls and walks towards them with its magic pulsing in his hands.

Starfire grabs his arms and tried to overpower it, but it blasts her away.

The Demon growls as it shoots another blast at her, but Raven put up a shield before it could hit the Tamaranian.

While they were keeping it busy, Blue Beetle was blocking a continuous blast from the second demon.

But the blast was slowly pushing him back until the demon got in close enough and punches the hero towards Raven and Starfire.

Raven quickly makes another shield before it could fire again.

Beast boy exclaims in surprise as he's thrown into Blue Beetle.

The third demon tried to hit them, but Raven made a full protective dome around them.

But the demons did not stop and kept shooting their magic in a continuous stream to weaken Raven's magic.

Unfortunately, it was working.

But thankfully Robin and the girls arrived and took care of the demons.

"Please tell me they're undead?" Robin questioned not really wanting to deal with another "no killing" lecture from his father if he ever finds out about this.

Raven sighs in relief and takes down the barrier "Yes, but you can't stop them like that. They're like batteries."

"You mean they're just going to keep doing that?" Red said pointing at the regenerating demons.

"Then let's run them down." Starfire proclaimed.

Robin runs over to one of the demons and dodges an attack he then stabs it from the back.

Quickly taking his sword out he jumps in the air and slices off its head.

The demon walked like a headless chicken for a few second before its head grew back.

But it was short lived since his head got shot off by Red.

Once its head grows back it looks at Red and snarled at her. "A Child of Light must be purged!!" it growls angrily and shoots a beam of magic at her but the Huntress dodges and throws one of her hidden daggers at his face.

The Demon screeched when the sharp weapon made contact with his eye.

He pulls it out and before he could do anything Robin slices him in chest and does a flying roundhouse kick to the face.

Once the demon stopped spinning, he tried to get his bearings, but Goldie came rushing forward and sent a flaming punch to his head knocking it completely off.

The demons headless body rolls across the ground but it still grew back.

"Oh, come on!" Red exclaimed annoyed.

The demon staggers as he gets up, but it was short lived as Robin, Red, Goldie, and Blue Beetle shoot at it simultaneously.

"Did we get it?" Goldie questioned as the smoke cleared to reveal that was demon was gone for good this time.

Red sighs in relief, "Finally." She muttered.

Suddenly a shiver goes down her spine as she feels a dark presence. Looking up the huntress's eyes widen when she saw a  black Raven covered in a purple aura swallow a demon whole.