Chapter 3: Actions have Consequences

Ruby sighs as she lays down in Damian's bed staring at the ceiling. "This is turning into a fine night." She muttered to herself.

Damian, who was reading a book looked at her, "It'll get better, she'll come around." He reassured.

Ruby turns her head to look at him in disbelief, "Really?" she said sarcastically.

"She was already weary about you because of being unable to meet you in person, but now. She practically hates your guts and I can guarantee you that all she wants to do now is snip your little friend off before you get any ideas later down the line." She said and even did scissor motion with her fingers for emphasis.

Damian looks at her bewildered and a little worried, "I think you're over-exaggerating."

"I'm not. Yang is the type of girl that without any shame can grab a man's crotch in a painful way in order to make them talk And with that in mind, now that she knows that I'm in what she calls a...loveless engagement your manhood is practically in danger if you don't watch out." Ruby warned.

Setting his book down on his midriff the youngest Wayne could not help but lightly shiver and bring his legs closer together in fear.

"She doesn't scare me." He said trying to keep up a brave front.

Which Ruby took noticed of and could not help but laugh.

"You don't have to worry Dami. I promise I will protect you. But you should still keep your guard up, until she calms down and is done threating you." She proclaimed.

"Noted." Damian replied and went back to his book.

Ruby yawns as she decides to go to sleep. "Good night Dami." She said.

"Good night Ruby." Damian replied.

After that everything was silent but 20 minutes later, Damian looked at Ruby and sets his book down for a moment so he could lean over to the huntress and give her a small peck on the cheek.

After that he went back to his book and read about 24 more pages before calling it a night and went to bed.

Wrapping his arms around Ruby the youngest Wayne groans as he snuggles his face into her neck and went to sleep.

The Next Day...
Everything in peaceful in the boy wonder's room, the warm sun in the sky, the birds were chirping, and the air smelled crisp and fresh.

And as far as the sleeping teens were concerned nothing seemed to stop this.

Except for the sudden pounding of incoming steps that stopped outside of Damian's and not even a second later the door is slammed opened by Yang.

"What the hell is this?!" she exclaimed scaring the teens awake.

"Yang, what the heck?" Ruby groaned as she wipes the sleep from her eyes.

"Don't you Yang me, why are you sleeping in his bed!" Yang exclaimed outraged.

"Habit?" Ruby answered truthfully.

The blonde looks at her sister— no cousin in disbelief. How you can have a habit to sleep in a boy's bed?! 

But it also makes her wonder just how long have these two been sleeping in the same bed together. "Habit? How do you get a habit to sleep in a guys bed?!"

"Grandfather made us sleep in the same bed to make us at least tolerate each other in the same room since we had a mutual hatred from one another when we first met." Damian answered as he stretches his arms above his head.

"And frankly, why are you acting so surprised about this fact now? Didn't we tell you this yesterday?" He questioned.

"NO!"