Chapter 6: A Sister's Advice

After they left the manor, Helena took the teens to a restaurant and where now sitting in a booth and while Damian was disinterested with talking to Helena, both the huntresses were having a grand time talking to each other.

"So, you're a fashion designer and a model?" Ruby questioned.

"Yes, well. I started out as a model but after awhile my talent for fashion designing got picked up by the Fashion Queen a few years ago and as a result, I've been happily doing both ever since." Helena stated.

"That's cool." Ruby stated.

9 minutes later their waitress arrived who greeted them and handed them their menus. Damian spared his menu a glance and nearly popped a blood vessel on the spot at the thing in front of him, which was a kid's menu.

The young boy gritted his teeth and started to lightly hyperventilate in anger, how dare this woman give him this! "What. Is. This?" he questioned angrily.

"A kid's menu?" the waitress answered confused.

"Do, I look like a child to you." He stated peeved and glared at her to the point that the waitress started to get nervous and could not help but wonder on how a cute kid like him can look so scary.

Ruby sighs in annoyance and slaps Damian upside the head for his behavior. "Damian, you're 14, you're still a child and still young enough to get a kids menu." She chided.

She then looks at the waitress with a cheery smile, "You'll have to forgive him. He was spoiled rotten and sheltered since the day Satan brought him into this world and into his mother's arms."

Helena snorts and tried to contain her laughter, she cannot believe she said that and with such a cheerful voice as well.

"And if you don't mind, could you switch out this." She picks up the kids' menu "For a regular menu?"

The waitress lightly nods her head as she takes the kids menu and then returned with a regular menu.

"Thank you." Ruby smiled and handed the menu to Damian.

"Can I get you anything?"

"Hmm, a strawberry lemonade sounds good." Ruby stated.

"Wine." Helena replied.

The girls looked at Damian who sighed. "Water." He stated.

"Any starters?"

"Mozzarella sticks." Helena answered.

Writing them down the Waitress smiles and walks away albeit she did it a little too quickly.

Once she was gone, Helena finally started to laugh and after 2 minutes she calmed down.

She sighs as she wipes the tears of joy from her eye. "I needed that." she muttered.

"Anyway, what do you want to be Damian?" she asked curious.

"To take over father's mantle." Damian proclaimed.

Grimacing at the mention of their father's title, the older sibling sighed, "Of course you do." She stated a little disappointed.

Damian looks at her defensively, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Propping her elbows on the table Helena leans forward, "I can understand wanting to be like our old man. Hell, at some point I wanted to be just like him and even dreamed what it would be like inherit his title."

"But as time went on, I realized that I hated being compared to him, I was always in his shadow, something Dick is all too familiar with as well. And it only got worse when people started to tell me that the only thing in my future was to be the heir to Wayne Enterprise, sure it was not in those words exactly, but you get the idea."