Chapter 4: Wayne Gala

Yang sighs as dusts off the books in one of the libraries, which she found ridiculous since Wayne manor has up to 3 libraries.

Because seriously? Who needs those many books?

What annoyed her the most that Alfred had sent her to clean all 3 rooms by herself and by the time she started on the last room it was 3:00.

It is been 3 weeks since her punishment started and now the huntress felt like her arms were going to fall off.

She does not know how Alfred does it, but she has to give the butler props especially when you take it in consideration at how old he is and how long he has been a butler for Wayne Manor.

The only good thing about it is that she only has one more week left before her time is up, so at least she has something to look up to.

Finishing dusting the books, Yang climbs down the ladder. But instead of leaving the room she went and grabbed the vacuum which was sitting near a lounge chair and started to vacuum.

And unnoticed to her at some point Ruby and Alfred had come by and was now watching the blonde clean up.

And after 20 minutes Yang finished and sighed, as she sat down on the couch and took a deep breath and wipe the sweat from her forehead.

"Finished." She mutters.

"Very good Yang." Alfred complimented.

The blonde lets out a yelp in surprise and looks at them. "How long have you been standing there?" she asked.

"For about 23 minutes." Ruby answered.

"Ok. So, do you need something?" she asked.

Ruby smiled, "To relieve you of your duties for tonight." She stated.

Yang raised an eyebrow in confusion, "What?" she questioned.

"Since you were doing such a good job, it was decided that as a tiny award you get to relax for the rest of the day and attend the Wayne Gala as a guest." Ruby explained.

Yang blinked in shock for a moment as she comprehended what she just heard, she's going to the Wayne Gala, a party that is apparently one of the most elite of the elite parties in the entire world next to the annual Winter Gala that the Wayne's hosts every year?

Jumping out of her seat the blonde looks at them in happiness, "Are you serious?" she questioned.

"Yep."

Overcome with joy Yang lets out the happiest squeal that was so loud that Superman probably heard it. She then rushes forward and gives them both a bone crushing hug, "THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!" She exclaimed repeatedly.

"Glad you like your surprise." Ruby said as she pats Yang's back.

"And while I am all for the hugging, can you let us go? I need to breathe." She added.

"Oh, Sorry." Yang said and lets them go.

Taking a minute to catch her breath Ruby then looks at Yang and said, "Your dress is in your room and the party starts at 6:20." Ruby stated.

Not needing to be told twice Yang raced off to her room to get ready.

Slamming her door open, Yang quickly closes it and looks around her room until her eyes landed on a golden yellow present box with an orange ribbon and a shoe box of the same color. Furthermore, there was a small case of makeup sitting right next to it as well.

Grabbing the bigger box Yang opens it to reveal a beautiful golden yellow dress that had a shiny effect to it.

Setting back down the blonde then opens the shoe box and saw that there were a pair of glittery heels inside it as well.