Chapter 9: Suspicious Behavior

Meanwhile at the Hall of Justice Batman was looking over old footage of the night before to see what exactly happened to the Wizard.

"I knew you'd be working here all night. Thought you might be hungry" Cyborg said walking over with a pizza box.

"No, thanks." Batman replied.

"Suit yourself." Cyborg said and takes a slice.

"Where does all that food go if you don't have a stomach?" the Dark Knight asked curious.

"You don't want to know."

He looks at the screen curiously "What are you up to?" he asked.

"I've been combing through from every camera on the grid." The Dark Knight explained.

"And?"

"There's something odd. Dark spots, they're hard to make out." He explained.

Walking over to the computer Cyborg made a cord extended from his knuckles and slammed it into a slot and said, "Activate quadrant pixel enhancement."

And just like that the cameras became clearer.

Cyborg looks at the Dark Knight smugly.

"Showoff." Batman stated.

They looked through the footage when they came across a strange shadow that was hiding behind a pillar. "What is that? A Shadow?" Cyborg questioned.

"No, the sun direction is wrong. Look here, it's disconnected from the surface." Batman said pointing at it.

"It's mimicking a shadow. It has intelligence. It's wandering, like it's looking for something. Or someone." He explained.

"There's where Weather Wizard ran into it." Cyborg stated.

"More like stepped in it." Batman stated.

"You don't think it was after him?"

Batman narrows his eyes "No. I don't"

Meanwhile in Metropolis, Diana and Clark had finished their movie theater date and were now walking through the streets as Diana talks about the movie. "Don't get me wrong, I love catching up on popular culture, but the harsh language was entirely necessary." Diana stated.

"And the female lead seemed to only be present in order to be rescued by the leading man. But all in all, I found myself reasonably diverted." The Amazonian woman proclaimed.

But when she finished talking, she noticed that Clark was not even paying attention to her and was instead looking through a display window his glasses off.

"Clark?" Diana questioned.

But the Man of Steel did not hear what she said as he started to see flashes of a dark void before his eyes and a distorted voice saying. "Trigon lives."

And with that his eyes turned completely black for a second before he snapped out of it.

"Are you alright?" Diana asked.

Clark groans and covers his face with his hand to catch his bearings for a moment before saying. "Sorry, it's just...I've got a lot on my mind right now." he stated.

Diana lightly frowns at that and was wondering what was troubling him.

"You can always share your burdens with me, Clark." She and grasp his hand.

Clark looks down at it before glaring at the Amazonian with disgust, "Ugh, stay away from me." He proclaimed and ran away.

Diana looked at Clark in shock that he said that and was a little hurt.