6.

I know I can be destructive
And I can change the atmosphere,
All I ask from you is patience
Some patience
Just let me know
Can you be the one to hold and not let me go?
I need to know
Could you be the one to call when I lose control?
-Becky Hill

The night was slowly turning into day, there wasn't much point in sleeping, well I couldn't anyway. I tossed and turned in the bed, which was surprisingly comfy, the mattress wasn't hard like the one I had back at the Sheilds territory. The pillows weren't lumpy and flat but light and fluffy.

The door was still open, I hadn't shut it. I enjoyed having it open, for years I had spent shut away; closed off from the world. But now I had some sort of freedom, no one to shut the door on me and lock me away.  I wasn't sure if I was allowed to leave the room but I didn't want to test the waters.

I shuffled again in the duvet trying to find a spot that would easily help me to fall asleep but it was just no use.

The slight break of day shone through the windows. There was no curtains or blinds, in fact this room was extremely bare. The room wasn't fully furnished and it just reminded me of how Alpha Creed was not ready or expecting to find his mate.

I had hundreds of questions in my head but yet I was scared to ask him. I wondered how old he was, there were rumours that he was over five hundred years old and that was due to him not being a normal werewolf. Was he really that old? The history books I had read could have been false in the facts for all I knew. I always thought he was some sort of myth when I was younger because no one had ever seen him but now I had seen him. And now he was my mate.

I turned around in the bed again, facing towards the window. The soft bluish-grey sky looked unreal, I wasn't sure what time it was but it must have been around six in the morning.

"Valerie."

My eyes instantly darted to the door where I saw a shirtless Alpha standing only dressed in his pyjama shorts. I swallowed hard as I took in every inch of him. His dark tanned skin seemed smooth and soft, bulging muscles stood out on his forearms and biceps. My eyes trailed down to his torso which of course was ripped with abdominal muscles, he didn't just have a six-pack he possibly even had an eight pack! Despite the room being slightly dim, I could tell that he was tired, as I moved my eyes back up to his face. His dark hair was tousled as if he had run his hands through it multiple times, but it still looked probably better than my own hair that was messy and tangled.

"Valerie, can I come in?" I sat up quickly, hearing my bones click at my sudden movement.

"Yes Alpha Creed," I whispered in a small voice. I watched as the powerful alpha made his way towards my bed and sat down near my covered legs.

"I don't call you Miss Shields so don't address me so formally!"

"I know I'm sorry Alpha..." he gave me a stern look. "Sorry, Alaric."

It was the first time I had spoken his name, it rolled off easily on my tongue and I actually didn't mind his name in fact I liked it a lot. It suited him. He seemed to have liked the way I said his name too, as he moved closer to me. I could almost feel the warmth radiating off his body.

"I can hear you struggling to sleep," he said holding my gaze with his intense eyes.

I felt bad, of course, he could hear me tossing and turning. I hadn't thought that I was being loud but with his enhanced hearing I probably sounded like I was right next to him, even louder because my door was open.

"I-I didn't mean to keep you awake."

"I couldn't sleep regardless," he shrugged.

I frowned at his words, why would he have trouble sleeping? He picked up on my uncertainty and rolled his eyes.