19.

I'm gonna feel it, feel it so strong
This is making me alive
We don't even have to say goodbye
I'm gonna feel it, feel it so strong
This is tryna make me alive
We don't even have to say goodbye

-Michele Morrone

Alaric had come back, and I could only imagine the reason being was because of my heat.

Our eyes met, and with my new enhanced eyesight, I could see him clearly in the darkness of the room. I could see the gold flecks in his dark brown eyes, the lust and desire that appeared to cloud his mind.

He could smell my arousal, he could smell my heat.

I was too overwhelmed to worry that I was stark naked in front of Alaric. I should've been embarrassed but it was the least of my problems. He observed me, a hot, quivering naked mess on the bed.

Before I could even move, he was at my side, leaning over my aching frame.  His hands were immediately on my body, and I couldn't help but relax slightly. A large hand was stroking my hot cheeks lightly, whilst he interlocked his fingers with one of my hands.  The mate bond shot electric sparks into my body, the heat calming down by a notch, but my skin burned wanting more than a simple caress.

"You can't handle it, Valerie," Alaric whispered, his voice was husky and deep.

Those four words had my body yearning for him. His voice pricked at the hairs on my body, and I groaned deeply, leaning into his touch, and squeezing his hand tight. Alaric had barely touched me, but yet the way he made me feel was intense.

"Let me make you feel better," his hand trailed down my cheek, past my jaw and down to my neck. His fingers brushed against his mark, making it burn and throb.  I shivered at his touch at the same time that I started trembling with need. My body reacted, greedily, to the feel of his hand on me; wanting more of his touch to soothe the pain of the heat away.

"Alaric," I moaned out his name, as his hand dipped lower brushing against my collarbone. My eyes rolled to the back of my head, as I felt little flickers of relief enter my body. His hand continued to roam further down my body, with slow but eager movements, following the swell of my breasts.

His touch was like ice, cooling me down, easing the pain away but at the same time the heat lingered. His scent was driving me mad, my body edged closer to him, and without thinking I squeezed his hand tight and pulled him closer to me.

Alaric's eyes were blazing wild.

The essence of the room changed,  I could smell his scent mingling with the thickness of my desire. It was addictive, pulling me further into a cloud of desperation.

Alaric's touch was what I needed, I craved the relief he gave me and the way that he made me feel somewhat better. The fiery heat was dull, slowly disappearing. I felt him lower his head closer to mine, his lips hovered over mine and I closed the distance between us; crashing my mouth against his.

I pulled him down, my hands flying up to grip his shirt. Somehow, Alaric ended up on top of me, his body pressed against mine, but he made sure to keep his weight off me. The feel of his shirt against my overheated skin was frustrating, my fingers worked fast against the buttons to undo his shirt.

An intense moan escaped me, as my pelvic area throbbed and as if Alaric could read my mind, he pushed his pelvis against mine. I wasn't prepared to deepen the kiss, I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I kissed him. Alaric took control, leaning his hard muscular body against mine, as he parted my lips slightly. His hands snaked around my body, holding me tight. Sparks erupted all over me, causing a sense of lightheadedness. The heat and burning pain in my abdomen almost completely vanished, all that was left was the throbbing ache between my legs.