24.

You don't have to say you love me
I just wanna tell you something
Lately, you've been on my mind
Honey
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Oh, honey
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Like it's the only thing I'll ever do

-Harry Styles

Alaric's eyes clouded as he stared at me. Gold flecks danced in the warm chocolate pools of his eyes, and he swallowed hard.

I couldn't tell what he was thinking, but thankfully I could feel it. The feelings of happiness and amazement washed through me, as Alaric continued to stare at me in awe.

"Beautiful, as always," Alaric breathed taking my hand and brushing his lips across my knuckles. My heartbeat sped up, just as I felt my cheeks heat up. Swiftly, he pulled me into him; never taking his eyes off me. "You're taller." He commented, eyeing my platform wedges with a raised brow.

"Ah, it's been a while since I wore heels, just promise me you'll catch me if I fall?" I teased.

Alaric smiled, flashing his pearly white teeth. "Always, love."

I noticed that Alaric's outfit was different and he caught me staring. "I changed at the pack office, I wanted to give you space and time to get ready, after your shopping trip with Victoria-"

"How did you kn-"

He gave me a knowing look as if I should have known the answer to my question. "I know everything that goes on, Valerie."

How could I forget, Alaric was the Demon Alpha, of course, he knew everything that went on in his land. I shook away my thoughts and glanced down at Alaric's watch. "Should we go?"

With a nod of his head, Alaric laced his fingers with mine and led us out of the house and to his car.

The drive to the restaurant was pleasant, Alaric and I made small conversation; with the radio playing in the background.

After around half an hour of driving, Alaric pulled into a car park. The restaurant was located near, and it resembled more of a grand hotel than a place to eat. It was extremely fancy-looking and expensive. We entered the restaurant and given a table, by the maitre d', in a discreet area with no one else seated near us.

The restaurant had an intimate feel to it, soft music playing in the background and the lighting was dimmed, by the candlelit areas. Shining silver chandeliers hung from the ceiling, where necessary. I couldn't help but stare at the chandelier in the centre of the room, that seemed larger than the other ones. Its crystal lights dangled, glittering streams of soft light through the vast room.

"It is eyecatching," Alaric said, as he caught me staring and I averted my gaze.

"Have you been here before?" I asked Alaric, as he helped me into my seat and pushed the chair in, his fingers brushing against my back slightly. Small tingles shot through my spine and I shivered.

"When it first opened," he replied, taking his own seat.

The menus had been placed on the table and I glanced down; noticing the established date of 1914... that was over a hundred years ago. I wasn't surprised that Alaric had been present at the opening but surprised that he hadn't been here in a century.

"What are you thinking?" He asked, sitting back in his chair.

"Why haven't you come here sooner?" My tone came out accusingly, and I let out a nervous laugh to attempt to cover up.