7.

Alaric ended up taking me to a place I least expected, the pack library.

I still didn't have any shoes, all I had on was a pair of socks. Alaric had carried me to the library which was a short walk from his house. I hadn't seen much of his land, I didn't know if he would let me but from what it seemed like; he called the shots on how I spent my time. As he walked us to the library, many of his pack members were around; each bidding their Alpha a good day and bowing their heads in respect. They did not meet eye contact with him unless he allowed it. They didn't even look at me, it was as if I was completely invisible. I had grown used to feeling invisible and like I didn't exist, I wasn't sure why I expected any difference in Regnum.

The library was a building with high walls and ceilings and also seemed like the structure of the building was outdated, giving it an authentic look. The inside of it was empty with the exception of an elderly man hidden away between the many bookshelves. He had acknowledged our presence by bowing his head in respect to Alaric. He didn't spare more than a glance at me, as he went back to whatever he was doing.

Alaric placed me down on the wooden floor, my legs felt slightly weak and I staggered a bit before correcting my stand; without Alaric's help.

He didn't mention anything about my lack of footwear, maybe he secretly liked carrying me. Or maybe he just didn't like the fact that my short legs were too slow for his slenderman legs.

"The gentleman hidden away is Artemis, he's what I would like to call the library guardian," Alaric said, a glimmer of humour was in his tone.

"Guardian?" I questioned, following Alaric as he led me to a seating area of lavish fancy sofas. He sat himself down on an armchair and gestured to the loveseat next to him.

"This is no ordinary library Valerie, in here holds books, journals and diaries spread from a thousand years," he explained. I looked around feeling intimidated at the sight of books, the most I had ever seen was probably around a hundred. I didn't even want to think about how many books were in this library.

"The history of Regnum, is in here. I suggest you familiarize yourself with what's written." He rose to a stand, and I watched him walk over to one of the many tall bookcases. He skimmed and scanned the spines of the books as if he was looking for something and eventually he pulled out a heavy book, that looked more like a thick slab of concrete. He held it effortlessly as if it weighed nothing and placed it down on the small table, in front of me with a slight slam. The impact of the book hitting the table, caused a slight gust of dusty air in my face. I coughed slightly, as my hair flew around my face. It had dried thankfully, as we made our way to the library I just hated the fact that I didn't have any hair elastics with me to tie my hair away.

"Don't try to pick it up, I don't want a mate with broken toes," Alaric said flatly giving me a pointed look.

"Wouldn't dream of it," I replied, shaking my head at his words.

He chuckled at my reply, and leaned over the table opening up the thick slab, he skimmed through a few pages. "This should keep you occupied." He didn't look up as he continued to scan the text.

"So you'd rather I read about your land, instead of you telling me yourself?" My question came out bitter and he raised his eyebrows at my sudden burst of attitude.

"Precisely. Nothing in here is false, I approved every single word a long time ago," he assured. I huffed lightly and nodded my head. I already knew most things about Regnum but now that I thought about it, what I knew was probably not even accurate.