25.

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I'm sure
There's no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours

Jason Mraz

I didn't sleep much that night, I was restless and found myself waking up every hour. Eventually, I decided that there was no point in any rest, so I stayed wide awake in Alaric's arms.

When morning came, Alaric was up early calling for a meeting with the deltas and elders; as well as Elijah and Adam.

"You're attending, also," Alaric said, coming out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. As always, he was more awake than I was in the mornings.

I frowned, as much as my tired face would allow me to. "Why?"

"Because as Luna, you need to start attending pack meetings."

I groaned, rubbing my eyes. "Fine, do I have to wear formal clothes?" I asked, slipping out of bed.

"Wear whatever you want, as long as it's respectable," Alaric said dismissively.

"What do the female deltas wear?" I found myself asking, as I wandered into the bathroom and began to do my morning routine.

"I don't pay attention to that Valerie, but they dress formally," Alaric called from the bedroom.

What does Christine wear, I thought to myself. Every time I had seen her, she always wore those pencil dresses and high heels. I didn't have a skin-tight dress like that, and the only heels I had were the black, platform wedges.

It seemed silly to wear my VANS to a pack meeting where I would surely be judged for my age and lack of experience.

I placed my toothbrush back in its cup holder and splashed some water on my face. As I looked back in the mirror, Alaric appeared in the bathroom, a grey tie hanging loosely around his neck, and his white shirt unbuttoned.

"You're worrying, what's wrong?" He asked, in a serious tone. I internally groaned, realising that he could feel my emotions. Nothing could get past Alaric, he would always know everything.

"I don't have experience with pack meetings, especially with high ranking wolves," I answered, seeing no point in disregarding my worries and insecurities.

"Well, this is your chance to see how a meeting works," Alaric said moving to stand behind me. "I tend to dominate the meeting but I allow the others to have their input, however, I don't always agree with what they suggest."

Alaric wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me so that my back was firmly against his back. I closed my eyes, enjoying his touch and warmth. "Just relax and don't worry," he said placing a kiss on the top of my head.

Alaric soon left the bathroom and finished getting ready before going downstairs. He left me to get ready, giving me the privacy I needed and also the time to decide what to wear.

I ended up dressing in a black peplum dress, that I didn't remember picking out during my shopping trip with Alaric. In fact, there were multiple items of clothing and shoes that were new, with the tags still on them. I deemed that Alaric had taken it upon himself to add more clothes to my wardrobe.

I brushed out the tangles in my hair and pulled my long locks into a high ponytail. My face was pale and the dark half-moons under my eyes looked so ugly that they definitely needed to be concealed away. I didn't apply much makeup, just enough to look slightly older and more alive, after a restless night of sleep; or lack of.