2.6

The sky had always been forced to watch everything that happened beneath them. Without a choice, for 365 days on end, there wouldn't be a day where it's eyes were allowed to be closed but the sky has always been given the freedom to express what they feel. And a year ago, this very day, as it watched a family losing a son, a daughter losing her father and a woman losing the man she wished she could love better, the sky allowed the frustration to wash over it completely, causing the clouds to crash, making the thunders groan, and letting its tears flow through the pouring rain.

Just like that day, the sky refused the help offered by sun. The grey cloud took this as a chance for them to show themselves and proof to everyone just what they could do. It was spring yet small trickles of rain has been falling since early in the morning. Everyone had their lights on despite the time showing how it is supposedly still early.

Yunhee stood at the corner of the small room with her daughter carried in her arms, the air inside sending chill down her spine despite the temperature set high. No one else was there aside from the both of them but the fresh flowers placed inside the glass had told her how his parents must've came earlier than her. Her lips tugged into a small smile although all she wanted to do then is shed as many tears as she could.

"Hey, love. It's been awhile," she greeted, quietly, her eyes fixated on the picture framed nicely beside the ceramic jar. She looked at her daughter who's head was busy moving left and right, observing the place they were at, briefly before going back to the picture, "look who I brought with me, today." Eunbyul was still squirming in her mother's arm as she tried to look around. Yunhee gently grabs ahold of her daughter's wrist, bringing her attention back, "Eunbyul, would you like to say hello to daddy?"

Eunbyul's small hand reached forward for the glass and as it was close enough, she was able to press her palm on it but upon the coldness that tingles, she immediately pulled back and hug her mother's neck. "Oh, that was cold, wasn't it?" she chuckled, averting her eyes back to the person on the portrait, "I guess that's as much as you get for a greeting from our daughter."

The brown-haired girl stood in silent after, with her eyes still fixated on its position before she looked down as she felt the hot tears threating to spill. She was busy wiping away her tears with only one hand that she didn't noticed the foot steps coming from behind. Upon seeing then sight of the girl, the said person's step came into a halt. The confusion began seeping into his mind. He was about to continue walking towards where he was headed to but decided against it when he heard her silently murmured, "I miss you, Kai. It's crazy how its has beesn a year but I still question why it has to be you. Why was it your car that the truck decided to hit? If only I told you to wait it out for another week before visiting your parents, this would've not happened and you would've been able to watch our daughter cry in the middle of the night when her teeth began to grow, you would've been able to hear her say 'mom' for the first time, or probably 'dad'."

The girl had only stopped muttering words when her daughter placed her palm on her cheeks, as if trying to tell her to stop crying but without the use of her voice as she was not able to operate them yet. The room which was cold at first, had slowly rise in the temperature and it was probably due to the fact that the tears have spilled. She had more to say but this time she tried preventing the bucket from spilling. "And I'm sorry. I'm so sorry if you've been looking and all you've seen is me battling my own feelings when I should love you and only you." She had continued to say a few more words but her voice began growing more and more inaudible that it failed to reach the ears for which belonged to Kim Hongjoong who from the start had been standing by the side. He knew it was rude to eavesdrop but if he was to show up beside her, it would've made it all more confusing for her.