6.2

( 🎵 Camila Cabello - Consequences, Olivia O'Brien - hate u love u )

The loud chatters filled the blue tent as people half intoxicated from the numerous shots of alcohol slurred and shouted words that are barely coherent to one's ears. The tent was filled with half a dozen men and women still with their suits and ties, trying to drink their stress away. It made the group of three girls distinct from all the rest, nothing on them screamed devastation, their eyes didn't have a blank ring surrounding it. Well, maybe one of them do.

Seo Soojin was the only one out of the three that lives like her father didn't own 12 apartment buildings in Seoul. She lived her life like how she wanted to, with the money she earned by her own blood, sweat and tears. Which was unlike Jung Haerim or Son Eunji who currently sat by her side and across her in respective orders.

Seo Soojin was the only one who feared not of Son Eunji. She had always been able to tell her whatever she wanted, without it haunting her after that maybe the said girl would throw trash over her head while she used the bathroom or stuff junks from the litter inside her locker. Because she knew, as much of a bitch as Eunji was, she needed a reality check to get her back on track after doing all the irrational things just because she didn't get what she wanted.

And because it was so, the lass, with her signature red lips, was able to say all the words she was saying to Eunji with the latter's jaw clenched so tight it could break at any moment.

"You're such a bitch to Yunhee, you know that right?" she queried, watching her friend downing another shot down her throat.

"As if the two of you haven't been one as well," Eunji scoffed, eyes rolling and never going back to her friends. "Who was the one who tagged her on my post where I put up the picture of Seonghwa and I before the engagement party? Who told me to say it louder that I wouldn't share something that I've claimed?"

Haerim fiddled with her fingers under the table, sensing the heavy atmosphere that's only going to get heavier if this topic wasn't dropped and stomped down to the ground. But after all the years of merely shadowing her friends, she found her words stuck midway up her throat.

"I did," Soojin firmly responded, "but now that I think of it, if I could take it back I would. But what's done is done."

"Yeah, well you asked me when's my wedding, would you like to take back the words you just said a couple of hours ago?"

"Ji, you know I have nothing to lose, right?" she begun, "neither does Haerim," the girl mentioned only gulping, "and I know that sounded like I said it for her but the comment was for you and only you. I didn't say it to provoke her nor did I say it so she knows you're engaged to the boy that she loves when she damn well knew."

To be reminded that Yunhee indeed still loves her fiancé made her sick to the stomach and the shot glass was once again filled to the brim before she emptied it again. "What's so wrong about me wanting her to keep it in the front of her mind that Seonghwa and I are in fact, engaged and that she no longer has a chance to interfere?"

"Has it ever occurred to you that she knows that?" the latter remarked, "Eunji, Yunhee has never been the type to put up to a fight. She is, by no offense, that vulnerable girl in your class back in high school. But when she does, she fights fire with fire and we all know that."

"And your point?" Eunji crossed her arms, face flushed from both the alcohol and the irk she could feel creeping further up her face.

"You didn't exactly try to get in between them all throughout the 2 and a half years that they were together, she owes it to you to do the same," Soojin enunciated.

"Why are you even suddenly telling me all these?" the girl across her groaned, elbow moving to rest on the table.

"You going up to her, asking her all those questions, while calling Seonghwa your fiancé a thousand times... that's just ain't it, Ji," her friend remarked, making her let out a exasperated sigh. "I seriously thought she was coming in between you two but does Seonghwa ditch your lunch invitation? Reject your calls? Refuse to let you in his apartment when he barely has time to rest himself?"

He ran after her when I forcefully kissed him but that probably won't mean anything, she thought. "How are you so sure she's not trying to pry her way in for the second time?"

"Maybe because she's been crying to Hongjoong about how she has to be ready to pick up the broken pieces of her heart, just like how she made Seonghwa do."

"And how do you know this exactly?"

"I may have been talking with Hongjoong," both of the female had their head shot towards Soojin who merely rolled her eyes, "but that's beside the point. I'm not even supposed to tell you this but seeing how you've been growing out of control because of your fear, I just can't see you become the exact same girl who push people to the edge just because you're scared of losing something that was never yours."

The three of them could still remember clearly all the little details of how Son Eunji had been back in highschool. Not having Seonghwa wrapped around her fingers was devastating enough for her that she didn't want to lose to become the girls dance club captain. How the then captain resigned from her position after endless taunting in the form of ripped sweatpants, split CDs and a knock down the stairs that broke her bone.

"And you believe him?" she snickered, "for all we know, he could just be protecting her. We all know the next person Yunhee's closest to is Hongjoong and he always had feelings for her."

"I do, Jiwon. I do believe him."

"Why? Did your feelings for him resurfa-," Soojin didn't allow her friend to finish her sentence.

"And even if it was a lie, at the end, we don't know what fate has in store for you, Ji. We don't know what it has in store for Seonghwa as well. Did it write your name right next to his? If not, then there's really nothing you can do."

A/N:
Buckle up for the next two chapters to come, I guess.