9.4

( 🎵 Sleeping at Last - Chasing Cars )

There were a few other patients and visitors circling around the garden aside from the two. It was late and most have surrendered into their rest. Yunhee walked infront of Seonghwa, looking around at the plants which were mostly wilted by then. It was fall after all, the season where everything reaches the ground.

"We've been running in circles, haven't we?" The girl didn't turn around. Instead, she continued walking though unsure whether or not the lad heard what she said as he stayed quiet. He did though, he just chose not to say anything back since he knew she wasn't done. "One second, I'll walk away from you, thinking that I'll, one day, wake up feeling alright again and this feeling would no longer linger. But on the next, I'm finding my way back to you."

"Hwa, have you ever felt tired of how much I pushed you away?" Yunhee stopped her steps but she was still facing away. Her eyes were fixated on the grass.

"No," his answer came within a second and as much as she tried to find that single drop of hesitation that could've been there, she couldn't. "I don't think I'll ever get tired. I'd follow you until the edge of the world. Even if that meant you could push me off and I'd have to take the fall."

Yunhee balled her fist, scrunching the fabric at the side of her shirt. Did she really deserve that? After shattering his heart multiple times, did she still deserve that? The lass couldn't stop questioning and it kept circling in her mind.

"I know you think you don't deserve me. That if you could be one thing in my life, it'd be a burden. You have a daughter, you can't get stressed, you have debts that you have to pay, you have bills that your sister could only help by the smallest amount," he began, his voice and tone as soft as ever, "but please remember how you were the one who made me feel alive again. That when everything around me seemed black and white, you painted it all with brighter colors. You taught me how beautiful life can be when you filled it with your art. You're the reason why I'm who I am right now."

Yunhee was biting down on her lips so hard she could slightly taste iron. She had her eyes shut as she continued to listen to what he had to say. "And for that, you deserve every single part of me. You deserve my heart and it has been yours since highschool. You deserve my soul for every single time you succeed in feeding it the essence of life."

"I've been doing a lot of thinking for the last 48 hours," the lass still refused to turn around, making him face her back. Some people were already starting to stare at them funny but she could care less. Yunhee couldn't look at the man as she spoke.

"And what have you been thinking about?"

"About how much I love you," she confessed, "and that I'll probably do for a very very long time." She paused for a second, collecting herself. "And that I want to be with you more than you think I do. More than I thought I do. But I don't know how to fight for us." Her volume slowly decreased with every word she said, feeling the shame building up inside.

It was then when Seonghwa could feel his phone notification ringing, pulling him out of his focus on the girl standing before him with her back facing him. He fished his phone out to silent the ringer but when he caught on to the text message, he couldn't help but to take a second to read it.

"I seriously can't watch you fight against your own parents, just for the sake of being with me," she continued as he was still quiet behind her, "I'm not worth it-." It was then when she could feel a body collide against hers and a pair of arms were wrapping around her figure. "Hwa, what are you-."

"You're worth it," he muttered, "you're more than just worth it and the problem has always been from my end." She held onto his arms gently before turning her head to look at him, "so I'll be the one who settle it. But if you want me to do that, please let this be the last time you let go of us." Seonghwa buried his face on the side of her hair as he tightened his embrace around her.

"Would that be possible?" she queried, "you're getting married in less than two months, everything seems so final." She could feel his head shaking, as if telling her that wouldn't be the case.

"You want us to be together, don't you?" Seonghwa felt like he was in highschool again, reliving their first fight ever after becoming a couple where he was scared shitless of her leaving him that he had to ask the question that made him felt pathetic. "You don't want me to tie the knot with someone else, right?"

It took the lass awhile to respond but as soon as he felt her head nodding, he loosened his arm around her and spun her around, making her face him before cupping both of her cheeks in his palm. "Then promise me there wouldn't be another moment of you telling me we should wait for faith to do her job because I will be the one who work for us and she's merely helping."

"Okay," she responded, softly. And before she could register what happened next, his lips had found their way to crash onto hers. She immediately circled her arms around his neck, letting it hang loosely as her lips moved at the same rhythm as his. Despite how they were outdoors and people could practically watch, it didn't stop the two of them from pushing deeper into the kiss.

When they finally broke apart, Seonghwa rested his forehead against the lass', panting slightly from the earlier lack of air. "You're the art of my heart, Yunhee. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Hwa. So much."

A/N:
Happy Saturday, everyone! Enjoy your weekend. <3