8.2

( 🎵 NIKI ft. Rich Brian - Shouldn't Couldn't Wouldn't )

They really were pressed for time. No one ever really plan a wedding in only 3 months, let alone doing it without your partner. But Son Eunji made it possible somehow. It really is true when people say the power of love is different from any other. The only time she needed Seonghwa was right then, as she struggled to narrow down the three choices of dresses into only one.

The man didn't argue with her further about how he was busy and simply complied while keeping quiet for the whole journey of car ride to the mall. She didn't realize how much he didn't want to be there until she heard multiple sighs coming out of his lips as he looked down on his phone.

Eunji has been holding herself back. How he has always been the sweetest, although only on the outside and has been the one telling her to have some faith in him but now that Hwang Yunhee has her hooks back on him, it's like a 180 degree of change. But maybe all along, he has been saying that because he knew just what she was capable of. And maybe that's why he was accusing her of doing something involving one of his employees.

He didn't offer her his hand when they got off on the lobby nor did he wait for her to walk although he didn't know which boutique it was. She had to dash on a small run to catch up to his strides and eventually becoming the one who lead the way.

She held onto his arm as they both went inside the boutique that walls were painted with gold. All the dresses inside made Seonghwa wince. All of them kept reminding him of how he would have to surrender to the decision made by his parents sooner or later. It reminded him of how he really would never be able to be with someone he truly loves, for the remains of his life. How the girl he wanted to see walk down the aisle wouldn't be the one to do so.

Seonghwa was tired of convincing himself he would one day fall in love with Son Eunji. But he was also close to giving up on the hope of ever being able to escape this marriage. So he waited, sitting on the couch that has already been prepared while Eunji was inside, trying to fit into the dress.

She walked out of there, hoping his eyes would somehow light up at the sight of her. Hoping that at least infront of all the girls working in the boutique, he would at least pretend he was utterly enthralled by how beautiful she looked in the white gown. Because that's what every boyfriend slash fiancé does right?

But his face remained stoic, almost expressionless as he tilted his head like he was thinking. Eunji hated the fact that all the employees were eyeing Seonghwa, making them realize how he was unimpressed and how he didn't want to be there. For the least, he still spared her a few words.

"What do you think of this one?" she asked, a hopeful smile plastered on her face.

"I don't like this one," he immediately said, "there's too much.. blings.. or whatever you call them."

"Hmm really?" she pouted, "but I like this one though."

Seonghwa was about to say something but she was already turning away, ready to change into the next one. He could only heave out the millionth sighs.

"How about this one?" she emerge from the fitting room with a dress that has an equal amount of.. beads that Seonghwa didn't know the name of. His face curled and she clicked her tongue.

"Try the last one," he told her and she immediately turned on her feet to do exactly that. He was starting to question what was it with girls and wedding dress full of ornaments hanging. It made them look like a Christmas tree more than they do a bride.

The lad knew it was wrong but somewhere along the lines, he began thinking about how it would be like if it was Yunhee stepping out of that fitting room. Maybe his judgement would've been better. Hell, he would've probably agreed to everything because to him, she looked good in just about anything. He would've probably cry right then and there as well. But reality knocked onto his head when the person walking out with her last choice of dress happened to be someone else.

"This is the last one," she twirled slightly, showing him how it looked from behind. But his face still contorted to something a little sour.

"I think this one's the best, just take this one," it sounded like a command, like he wanted her to get over with it and just out of there.

"Really?" she pouted, "but I like the first one better though."

It took his all not to lash out on her. He knew he had to at least keep his calm as they were in public. The last thing he wanted was for people around them to think he was some kind of toxic fiancé who use verbal violence on his significant other.

"Then take the first one," he told her through gritted teeth, "what I think never matters anyway, right? I don't even know why you need me here if you knew which one you liked."

Eunji knew he didn't want to be there, despised the idea of the marriage and would love to bail on it if he could but she failed to realize just how much, he felt all that. How he felt all that with all of his heart, all of his soul. What she failed to realize was how selfish she was to put how he feels, below everything else to consider.

She wanted the ground to swallow her whole as she heard him utter those words, not knowing how or what to respond to him. She shut away all the thought in her head that told her she was being selfish, told her how she was not considerate, how she was only pushing her wants to him without even thinking about what he wanted.

Son Eunji knew the key to them ending this marriage was her. That once she said the 7 words to her father, he would immediately allow her out. "Dad, I don't want to marry Seonghwa," that would be all it takes for him to be happy. But saying that would mean she once again lost to Hwang Yunhee, the girl who came from a family shattered beyond repair, the girl who had to support a child as a single mother, the girl who didn't have a whole company about to be inherited to her.

She couldn't not feel the hurt when she saw Seonghwa spitting out words like venom, forcing out smiles like it's the hardest thing to do. It was a lie if she said she didn't want to the man to feel the happiness he deserves but she was not ready. Like how the lad didn't want to lose Yunhee for the second time, she too, didn't want to lose him for the second time.

A/N:
I know this is very off topic but does anyone know a good medicine for migraines/headaches in general? I'm in desperate need of one since Panadol is not working anymore.