10.0

( 🎵 Pamungkas – One Only )

Seonghwa could still recall the first time he ever woke up with Yunhee by his side. He still had the image of her with her eyes shut, tranquility painting her visage and her lips slightly curved upwards as if she was having the best dream, so clear in his mind. But that was also the last time that he did before she left. He didn't realize how much he had missed seeing her so peaceful, seeing her while the world is not putting its weight of her.

A smile painted itself onto his lips as his eyes remained on the girl beside him. He gently brushed her hair away from her face, making the view of it even clearer for him. But it didn't take long before Eunbyul stirred in her sleep, moving her arms and legs slowly. The bed sheets moved and Yunhee fluttered her eyelids open to see a pair of eyes, already looking at her. She returned the smile with one of her own, before stretching her limbs. "Good morning."

"Good morning," he greeted back, "how was your sleep?"

"Strangely, good," she answered, already sitting up and readying herself to grab the formula milk to give to her daughter.

"Why is it strange?" he asked, back leaning against the headboard as he watched her open the bag filled with Eunbyul's necessities. She took out the powder-filled sippy cup from one of the compartments inside.

"You know I only sleep well if it's on my bed," she turned around to look at him and the right side of his lips had already lifted up more than the other. The lass rolled her eyes upon landing on the sight. "Yes, it's because you're there, sleeping beside me," she uttered, "anyway, do you have some hot water in the dispenser?"

Seonghwa got off his bed and walked closer towards the lass. Once he was right infront of her, he took the cup from her grip and place a light kiss atop her head. "I'll do it. Go back to bed with Eunbyul."

"Do you even know how much water to-," Seonghwa was already out the door and she was only halfway through her question. Heaving out a sigh, she complied to what he said and went back to lay beside her daughter who looked like she was only half asleep because of how much she was moving.

Yunhee placed her hand on the little girl's stomach, gently patting it to wake her up. And Eunbyul slowly opened her eyes and rolled to the side, something she had learned how to do right after hitting her one year old milestone. Seonghwa came back a minute after with the milk ready for her to drink, and to the mother's surprise, he had filled the cup with just the right amount of water.

"I learned how to measure the right amount of water from this one YouTube video but I'm not sure if it's the same for all of them?" he went out with confidence on his shoulder only to come back unsure and Yunhee could only chuckle upon seeing how adorable he looked, scratching his head with his index finger.

She sat herself up and carried her daughter up for her to sit in between her legs before taking the cup from lad's grip. She brought warm plastic up slightly, feigning a serious observation as she looked through the milk inside. A satisfied smile made its way onto her lips as she found the liquid to be at the right consistency. "You did a great job," she said, making him sigh in relief.

Seonghwa circled around the bed to go to his side, laying on his side as his hand prompted the side of his head, watching the mother who had her eyes fixated on her daughter drinking the milk from the sippy cup.

"You're going to keep looking at us or what?" she teased, looking at him with her head tilted.

"I'm going to keep admiring two of God's greatest blessings for this planet," he replied, fixing his position to one more comfortable and he then sit not-so-straight up. Yunhee could only shake her head upon hearing his cheesy remarks. But that had undoubtingly made her feel like she was back in high school again, when he would feed her all those words for lunch, made her listen to it as if it should be part of her playlist.

"Yunhee, when I asked you to marry me last night, I really did mean it," there was a long string of silence right before he uttered those words, and that had bought the lass' attention wholly once she heard what he said. "It wasn't because I was kissing you and that it was a heat of the moment. I really want you to marry me and although I, too, can't deem the proposal to be one fitting for you, I'd like you to know that I'm-."

"Hwa," she brought him out of his rambles, "I know," she continued, "despite how sudden it was, I know you were serious. And for that I'd like you to know that my answer was genuine as well."

"Can I... hear you answer the question... again?" he hesitantly requested, eyes looking down on his lap and for the first time, leaving the lass' figure.

"Technically I only nodded but if you want to hear it, ask me again then."

Seonghwa brought his head up, eyes finding hers and as soon as he did, he broke into a smile and asked, "Yunhee, will you marry me?"

"Yes, I will."

A/N:
Hongjoong's dark hair is such a blessing. Like wow.... Anyway here's a short chapter. Could be considered as a filler but yeah, I just had this in mind after hours of sleep and since I had to finish some assignments anyway, might as well type it out! Hope my still burning brain didn't write anything that doesn't make any sense.