5.4

( 🎵 The 1975 - I Couldn't be More in Love )

Seonghwa was right when he said spending the day with Eunbyul will probably make her feel better. Although her little star really loved throwing stuff animals around and it sometimes hit her face, nothing could make her feel happier than the smile tugged on her daughter's lips.

"Her baby puffs finished yesterday," Minju told her niece as she saw her rummaging through the cupboard.

"Do they sell those at the mart down the street?" she turned around, asking the older.

"Yeah, they do," the old lady nodded, "but it's hard to get the flavor that she likes there. Sold out fast."

"I'll go down there and buy some, can you take my place and play with her for a bit?" she could see her aunt opening her mouth, wanting to ask whether or not that would be fine but she beat the older to convince her she was. And so Yunhee quickly went inside her room where her daughter was quietly playing inside her crib. She changed into something more presentable before walking closer to where the little girl was.

"Mommy will be out for a bit, okay? Don't throw your puppy to Granny Minju's face please," she knew the girl was only going to smile to her and that was exactly what she did.

She pocketed her keys and wallet, then proceed to walk out the door. The sky was a light shade of blue when she got out and it felt like ages ago since the last time she was able to walk underneath it and enjoy the breeze.

The wind wasn't harsh and it only brushed her face gently. It reminded her of the countless walks she would take back when she was in Daegu. Though there weren't as much car honking and flashing lights but this was the exact feeling she'll have each time.

The mart wasn't too far off her apartment building and soon she was able to see the entrance. Since office hours were only going to end in a little more than half an hour, there weren't that much people inside to shop. And she was lucky enough to get the puffs that her daughter loved in the flavor that she liked. It seemed like they had just stocked it up as it was filled to the front when she was grabbing for some.

Yunhee was about to bring her feet to the cashier when she recalled how she had asked Seonghwa to come over after work. Retracting back by a few steps, she decided to pick up a few ingredients that she knew, are probably not stocked up in the shared unit as well as the jalapeno chips that he loved.

She only intended to buy three packets of baby puffs but by the end of the small grocery shopping session, she was left to carry two paper bags filled with different ingredient. And this time, with the weight on both sides, she wasn't able to enjoy her walk home and focused merely on arriving back to her door.

Once back, she set both of the paperbags down on the counter before heading for her bedroom. She was greeted with the sight of Aunt Minju rocking the little girl in her arms, as soon as she opened the door. Eunbyul was slowly falling asleep but the small creak made by the door opened her eyes and upon seeing her mother, she squirmed in the older's hold, stretching her arms to where her mother was.

Minju gently handed the little girl over to her mother and stretched her back after, feeling her age more than ever each time she carry her. Yunhee felt slightly guilty upon the sight. Ever since they moved to Seoul, her aunt has been the one taking care of her daughter more than she does. While she said she was completely fine with it, especially when she only has to work from home, that didn't stop the younger from feeling indebted.

"Thank you," she thanked her aunt with a smile, "you can go take a rest. I'll cook us dinner for tonight."

"Yunhee, are you sure you're feeling okay?" the girl may have been able to fool Seonghwa if she tried hard enough but her aunt had partly been the mother-figure in her life, and it was near impossible to trick her. She knew the younger was still feeling slightly under the weather.

"Okay enough to stand in the kitchen to cook us something simple," she assured.

The door bell rang as they both still stood inside the room and the older had beat Yunhee to walking out the bedroom door to welcome their guest which she was grateful for as Eunbyul is sound asleep in her arms right then.

Seonghwa appeared by the door not long after, his hair slightly disheveled, tie loose around his neck and his blazer no longer on. He couldn't lie from his appearance that he was exhausted and the lass immediately felt a strong hit of guilt for asking him to come over, but nonetheless to how bone-weary he was, he still walked closer to her with a smile painted on his face.

"How are you feeling?" he queried and then proceed to kissing her cheek right after.

A reassuring smile made its way to her lips, "I'm fine."

His eyes scanned down her outfit, eye brows furrowing as he saw how she was wearing an attire someone would wear to go outside.

"Yes, I went out but that's all and I'm fine," she once again reassured and he could only give in; not having any more energy to nag at her.

Eunbyul was set down on her crib and once Yunhee straighted herself back up, she could feel an arm snake around her waist and a face buried deep into the crook on her neck. Seonghwa's breath was warm against her skin and it slightly tickled but she stood still, allowing him to savor the moment.

"What's wrong, hm?" she questioned while placing her hand atop of his.

"Wait just, let me hold you for a second," he muttered with lips brushing the skin of her neck. And so they both stayed by one corner of her room.

Seonghwa only lifted his head when he felt his back aching from being bended for too long and Yunhee took this chance to turn around to face him. She brushed away the stray hair covering his eyes while he still had his hand circled around her waist to keep her close. It caught her off guard when one of his hand moved to be placed on her cheeks. She knew what he was going to do right when he leaned in, slowly closing the gap between them. It only took a second before his lips touched hers and crashed on it completely.

Every kiss felt like the first. That's how it is each time. And this time, Seonghwa was unintentionally pouring out his exhaustion through it. The tension of it intensifying as his hand began to travel down her thighs, pulling it up to wrap around his waist and hoist her up. Yunhee could feel her breath hitched as she felt his teeth grazing her lower lip when he pulled away. But he didn't stop then. He gently placed her down on the bed before placing a trail of kisses down her neck.

"Hwa, my daughter's in the room," she whispered through a pant and almost immediately, he retracted away and sat by the side of the bed.

"I'm sorry, I got carried away," he quickly muttered, looking down as he realized what he could've done while a baby was still inside with them.

He had his back against her and in attempt to tell him it was fine, she quickly sat on her knees and wrap her arms around his shoulder. "Are you tired?" that could be a self-answered question and even though the lad didn't want to admit at first, he still ended up nodding. "I'll cook something for us, okay?"

She was quick to stand up but his hand was also quick enough to catch her by the wrist, making her look back to see concern once again painting his hues. "You don't have to. We can just stay here and cuddle."

"Have you eaten anything today?" he folded his lips inward, biting down the bottom one right after and that had told her the answer.

"Exactly," she remarked. She tilted her head slightly as a light build illuminated above her head, "if it'll make you feel better, you can watch me cook. But carry Eunbyul along, I don't want to leave her alone."

A/N:
Breaking this day into one more chapter because the chapter that's going to come after will not be as fluffy.