one

A/N - I'm bored so I decided to pick outfits for Jo for each episode, enjoy! :)))

JO SAT ON the edge of a partially built house, grinning down at her friends below as she swung her legs back and forth

JO SAT ON the edge of a partially built house, grinning down at her friends below as she swung her legs back and forth. She was clothed in a yellow crop top and jean shorts with black vans covering her feet. Her brown hair blew across her face in the light summer breeze, her hands spread behind her resting on the tiled rooftop. She finished the beer in her hand and pushed herself to her feet, holding her arms out on either side of her as she balanced on one leg on the peak of the roof.

"That's what? A three story fall to the deck?" Pope questioned. "I give you a one in three chance of survival."

Pope was definitely the smartest person on the island in Jo's opinion. He was the brains of the operation, and also a finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Mert Scholarship. He was a little bit of a weirdo, but Jo loved that about him. She liked that there was more to him than just knowledge and morals.

"Hm," Jo hummed with a smirk.

She stuck her right index finger in her mouth and held it up, letting the wind hit it.

"Shout I do it?"

"Yeah, you should jump," John B chuckled.

John B was Jo's beloved twin brother, a whole five minutes older than she was and he never ever let her forget it. The two of them were thick as thieves, always looking for trouble according to their father. It had only been them for the first several years of their life, until they befriended JJ Maybank in the third grade. JJ had tried to pick a fight with Jo, but she threatened to kick him in the balls and the rest was history. After that, they picked up Pope and Kie and they became a very infamous and tight knit group.

He and a blonde were sat down below, watching the girl with great interest.

"Yeah, jump," Pope encouraged. "I'll shoot you on the way down."

"You're gonna shoot me?" Jo gasped, feigning hurt.

She dropped the empty beer can onto the deck under her and held her hands up to make a gun. Pope held up the drill he had been fiddling with and closed one eye as he aimed the tool up at her.

"Yep," Pope nodded.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers," Kie scoffed as she exited the house and joined the boys on the deck.

Kiara, better known among the islanders as Kie, was technically filthy rich. Her parents owned The Wreck, native to rich and working-class citizens alike. When she wasn't saving sea turtles, listening to Bob Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she spent her time with Jo's friends. It was honestly beyond the rest of the group why she slummed it with them, but Jo was just glad to have another girl in the pack.

"Of course, why wouldn't they?" JJ shrugged.

JJ was about as local as they came. He was the latest in a long line of fishing, drinking smuggling, vendetta-holding salt-lifers who made their living off the water. He was a mild kleptomaniac and future tax cheat. He'd had a thing for Jo ever since they met and she threatened to hit him where it hurt, but everyone else thought he'd outgrown his childhood crush since then.