eleven

POPE STOPPED THE Pogue in the water outside of Topper's insanely huge mansion

POPE STOPPED THE Pogue in the water outside of Topper's insanely huge mansion. Jo furrowed her brows as she looked between him and JJ, but both boys' eyes were set on the boat that Topper's mother had bought him. The one that cost about $200K.

"2020 Malibu, 24-MXC," Pope said. "The world's finest wake setter. Number one in quality, luxury, and performance."

"This is war, Pope," JJ said as he pulled a fishing mask over his face. "They hit us, we hit them."

"I still don't know why you're doing this," Jo sighed.

She was sat on the edge of the boat as she watched the boys scheme and she didn't like it one bit. Normally she would be all for getting even, but she was tired of the Kooks' senseless beatings. They had gotten to just about all of her friends and now herself, so she didn't want to piss them off more than they already were. She just wanted to lay low and have them forget about the Pogues, but Pope was hell bent on getting revenge.

"Because Rafe took a fucking golf club to your face," Pope said angrily. "They deserve this and so much worse."

"Atta boy!" JJ praised as he squeezed Pope's shoulders.

Jo sighed heavily and folded her arms over her chest. "I still think it's a bad idea," she attempted again. "In case you forgot, they have way more money and therefore way more power than we do."

"Jo, look at that friggin boat," JJ scoffed. "We could never forget how much money the Kooks have because they don't let us."

Pope nodded in agreement. "It's time we make 'em pay."

The brunette rolled her eyes. JJ had assured them that the cameras were still down, but he was the one who had told them that they had backup generators at the hotel. Jo guessed they probably had generators in the houses too, so she prayed that they wouldn't get caught. She didn't want any criminal charges on her record, she was in enough shit with DCS as it was.

Jo leaned forward in her seat as Pope dove off the boat and took off swimming towards the dock. He had pulled himself up into Topper's boat in less than a minute and pulled something important out of it. They could hear the water bubbling into the boat as it slowly started to sink and Pope dove back into the water. JJ lowered the ladder so Pope could climb back into the Pogue and when he did he showed JJ the evidence.

"You did it," JJ breathed in disbelief. "I'm so proud of you right now."

"Don't encourage him," Jo frowned.

"JJ," Pope said. "You can't tell anybody."

"Oh no, yeah. Totally, dude," JJ assured his friend.

"No, I'm serious dude," Pope stressed. "Not Kie, not John B, nobody." He turned and locked his eyes with Jo's. "You too. Got it?"

Jo raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Why aren't we telling John B or Kie?" She questioned. "You know the rule, no secrets among Pogues."

"Because the less people that know, the better," Pope sighed. "Less people to get our story straight with if the cops question us."