seven

A/N - same outfit again :)

THE GROUP OF friends was gathered in the trusty van as John B sped off towards Redfield lighthouse

"I mean, it's obvious, right?" John B said as he drove. "A family heirloom? I mean what better place to hide a message. He had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?"

"Yeah," Kie said. She gave John B a reassuring smile.

"It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to, you know, deal with your sad feels," Pope said.

Jo rolled her eyes and shoved Pope's shoulder. Kie turned around and shot him a glare.

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels," JJ said. He pulled a joint out of his pocket and Jo grinned.

"Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies," Jo chorused.

"Look, we're not concocting, okay?" John B said. He glanced at Jo in the rearview mirror and silently pleaded with her to help him out.

"Our dad's trying to give us a message," Jo agreed. "He's smart like that."

"If it helps you believe, John B," Kie said gently.

"Look, we don't need a therapy session," Jo sighed. "We're not trippin' out."

"It's okay to trip out," JJ shrugged.

"Our dad is not dead. He's missing, okay?" John B snapped. "He's just missing."

"What if he needs us?" Jo asked in annoyance. "What if he sent us this message because he knows we'll find him?"

Everyone in the van remained silent.

"Yeah, exactly. So stop acting like we're going insane and just help us follow the damn lead," she finished.

John B smirked and shook his head. He was definitely proud of her, but he'd never actually admit it to her face.

The gang slid out of the van as John B pulled up outside the lighthouse. He shielded his eyes as he stared up at it momentarily before turning towards JJ.

"Here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?" John B instructed JJ.

"Wait, why me?" JJ asked.

"Because you're not coming," Pope stated.

"Why?" JJ pushed.

"There are independent and depend variables," Pope began.

"Pope, I love you, but shut up," Jo chuckled.

"You're staying here too," John B said as he redirected his attention to his sister.

"What the hell, why?" She whined.

"Because," John B said firmly. "Pope, you stay lookout with these two. We get split up, we meet back at JJ's house."