24

Ethan's POV

Why the hell did I do that? I was drunk, okay? I couldn't help myself. I fucked up.

Grayson wanted to go to the mall to buy a present for our sister.

"What will she like?" Grayson asks me. I shrug, "Lets go here" He points to Bath & Body Works.

We walk in and immediately get greeted with workers asking if we need a bag. Grayson politely declines and we continue.

"What about-" before I could finish I bump into someone, "Sorry-" I look up at the person, "Piper?" The girl turns around. I can recognize that red hair anywhere.

"Oh, hi" She says awkwardly, "What are you doing here?" She asks me.

"We're buying our sister a present for her birthday" I point to Grayson who was looking at the shelves. She nods in response.

"Piper!" Piper turns around and nods.

"I have to go" She smiles and turns around. But my reflexes randomly stops her and I gently grab her arm.

"I mean to ask something" She looks at my arm and then at me.

"Go without me! I'll catch up with you guys later" She says to her friends, "What is it?" She asks me.

"Why don't you call Estella, Camryn? When I said her full name she got angry-"

"I can't talk to you about this-"

"But" I start, "I just... need to know" I plead to her. She looks around and sighs in defeat.

"Promise you won't tell her who told you? I mean, our family only knows why..."

"I promise"

"I'm just gonna keep it and short and simple. We had a brother"

"Had?" I say in shock.

"Yeah and he died from a car crash. He would be 24 by now" She looks down, "Anyways, his name is Caleb and Caleb would always call Estella, Camryn. We don't usually call Estella, Camryn, but Estella didn't mind that Caleb called her that. She got used to it and only Caleb was aloud to say it unless mom and dad got angry at her" she chuckles, "That's it though. I guess she didn't want to be reminded that Caleb died" She sighs once she finished.

"Is that all?" She asks one more time.

"Yes, Thank you" I smile at her, "And I'm sorry for your loss..."  She smiles and turns around to leaves the store.

A/n I'm sorry that my chapters are short! This story gets even better though!