29

Third Person

As everyone was getting ready for graduation, Estella couldn't stop thinking. Thinking about Ethan. Does he love her? Or did he just say that just because? No. He can't. No one should say that just because. Those 3 words are just too pure to say.

"Ready?" Liam smiles and looks at Estella.

"Ready as I'll ever be" She sighs. Liam offers Estella his arm and she takes it, linking it to his.

They take a couple pictures individually and together before they left.

Before they knew it, they were sitting on the chairs where they wait for the ceremony to start.

Estella's POV

I look at the crowd and see Ian sitting next to my family. I wave and smile at him. He waves back and winks at me. I look in front of me and see Ethan walking to his seat with Grayson beside him.

He walks towards our row. He's supposed to be behind me. He gets closer to me and whispers to the person next to me. The person nods and gets off their seat and sits on Ethan's seat.

"What are you doing?!" I ask him as he sits down next to me.

"Can I not sit here?"

"You can't. It's not assigned to you" I state.

"Relax" He says and adjusts his cap. He faces  to Grayson and starts talking to him.

I clench my jaw in anger. Now I have to sit next to him for the next 3 hours.

The ceremony finally starts. The crowd and the students' voices begin to die down and pay attention to the principal. As the principal speaks, Ethan starts to whisper to me.

"You know I meant what I said right" He still faces forward. I ignore him and try to pay attention to the principals speech, "Estella-"

"Shut up" I whisper back.

"No" He says with an attitude. My head faces him. I give him an angry expression. He realizes and continues to look forward.

"I like someone else now, Ethan."

"Maybe" He says as I face back towards the stage again, "But that doesn't mean you still love me" My cheeks heat up at him comment. Thankfully, I don't blush hard, "Am I not wrong?"

"Like I said at the party, I hate you" We both look at each other and I smile at him.

"Not true" he says simply, "You can't not love someone anymore after you said you did" Ethan then paused himself and faces me. He then widens his eyes, "But you didn't say it..."

"Say what?" I ask in confusion.

"You never said I love you in the first place" Ethan realizes.

"What are you talking about?"

"You never said it to me. I have never heard you say it to me." I then freeze at his comment. I didn't say it to him. I only told Liam and Piper that.

"Exactly, so why do you think I love you when I never even said it in the first place" I smirk. Ethan looks at me dead in the eye.

"Estella" he whispers a bit louder, "Say it right now. Say you at least loved me before. I don't care if you don't love me now" I look down at his lips. God, how much I want to kiss them right now.

"No" I lick my lips, "I never loved you nor I do now." Ethan face drops. His nostrils flare and his jaw clenches. He's angry. Disappointed. He looks away from me and whispers to Grayson. Grayson nods and gets up from his seat and switches spots with Ethan.

For fucks sakes.

"Hey" Grayson says awkwardly.

"Hi" I say bluntly and cross my arms and look away.

At that point, the principal finished his long speech and began to say people's names.

For graduation, we go by alphabetical order. We were now in the 'D's'

"Ethan Dolan" Everyone starts clapping and cheering. He gets up off his seat and walks up the stage. He shakes hands with the teachers and gets his diploma. He walks off the stage and back to his seat. He clearly looks pissed.

"Grayson Dolan" again, everyone starts clapping.

"What did you do?" Liam whispers in my ear.

"Do what?" I ask.

"You did something to Ethan. Did you say something?" He furrows his eyebrows. I stay silent, "What did you fucking say." I look at him and sigh.

"He asked me to at least say that I loved him"

"And?" Liam says.

"I said I never loved him in the first place"

"Bullshit" Liam whisper shouts, "You still love him and you know it"

"That's all in the past now, Liam"

"The past? You said you loved him a week ago?!" He explains, "Estella, I know I shouldn't force you to say this, I'm encouraging you to. I may not know what love feels like but I know what it looks like and it looks like you and Ethan love each other." He states. I look at him, realizing that I should never had said that to Ethan. The words that I have said must've hurt.

Damn, if he said that to me I would cry until I'm dead.

"I can't-"

"Estella Heinz" I look up and see everyone looking at me. Shit. I get up off my chair and walk up the stage. I take my diploma and move  my tassel over to the other side of my cap. I walk down the stage and towards my seat.

"Liam Heinz" Liam gets up off his seat and whispers quickly to me.

"Just... think about" He smiles and walks out.

I sit down and look at Ethan. He obviously wasn't looking at me. He looks so fucking mad. I look down at his legs and see his feet tapping on the floor. He's impatient.

Finally, the ceremony ended and everyone walked to their families. Liam and I spot our family and hug them. I face Ian and see him smiling. I walk towards him and hug him. He picks me up and twirls me around.

I look behind him and see Ethan looking at us. He looks away once I spot him him staring.

"Pictures!" My mom exclaims. Liam and I hold up our diplomas and smile for the picture. Mom looks behind her and yells, "Lisa! Sean!"

Liam looks at me and holds in his laugh. They walk over to us and greet each other.

"Who is this?" Lisa says excitedly, referring to Ian.

"This is Ian. Estella's boyfriend." My mom smiles. Ethan looks at Grayson in shock.

"Hi, nice to meet you" Ian shakes hands with all of them. He looks at Ethan, waiting for him to shake his hand. Ethan looks at his hand and takes it. Giving him a disgusted look.