30

Estella's POV

"Can we go now?" I beg Ian.

We were both sitting on my couch, about to leave to go to the mall.

"Can you wait?" Ian says harshly, typing away on his phone. I get taken aback from his words. He's never harsh on me.

I stand up off the couch and pretend that I'm going to the kitchen. Once I reach it I turn back around and slowly walk up behind Ian to see what he's doing on his phone.

I look over his shoulder.

What the fuck.

"What the hell!" I take his phone out of his hands.

"Hey! Give that back" he gets off he couch.

"Who the hell is Gabriella?!" I ask in anger. Ian looks down.

"A friend..." he says.

"Well she clearly isn't just a friend." I hand him back his phone, "It's only been a month and a half and you already... cheated" my eyes starts to prick.

"Estella, it's not like that-" He starts.

"Get out!" I point to the door. You can hear the hurt in my voice. He nods understandingly and leaves. Once the door shuts I break down.

I lock the door and face away from the door. I drag my body down the door and cry more.

Fuck LOVE.
FUCK YOU, LOVE
I FUCKING HATE YOU
I NEVER EVEN LOVED IAN

"Estella!" Piper comes down the stairs quickly once she spots me, "What happened?" She hugs me.

"Promise me you won't date until you're wise enough, Piper" is all i manage to say.

"What happened, Estella?" She says sternly.

"Ian... cheated." I hear Piper gasp loudly.

"That son of a-"

"Don't say it" I cut her off before she could finish that sentence.

"I'm so sorry" she says and hugs me again, "What are you going to do?" She asks me. I look up at her.

"I'm going to break up with him, even though we're basically over, and..." I think for a moment, "That's it" Piper removes her hands off me.

"What?" She scrunches her eyebrows, "That's it? Nothing else? How about you tell the person you love that you love them back" she states.

"I can't-"

"Why not?" Piper crosses her arms.

"Because... I'm scared" my eyes start to water again.

I hear Piper sigh, "Why do I feel like I'm wiser than you?" She asks me, "Love is risky. But you gotta take that risk. And what's so wrong with Ethan?"  I chuckle lightly.

"I just can't Okay, Piper? I can do whatever I want and I want to do this. Sit in my room for the whole summer and... watch the sunset from  the roof"

"And what are you going to do before the sunsets?"

"Eat?"

Piper groans and goes up stairs.

"Where are you going?!" I ask her.

"I'm going to call... a friend" she smirks weirdly.

An: we all knew Ian was going to disappoint Estella at one point 😔