Nɪɢʜᴛᴛɪᴍᴇ Tᴇʀʀᴏʀs ᴀɴᴅ Tᴇɴᴅᴇʀ Mᴏᴍᴇɴᴛs

Day Five- Friday

Draco woke with a start and an ear-piercing scream echoing in his ears. Bolting upright he panted, his heart beating wildly. What in Merlin's name had that been? He was brought up short when another scream echoed around the room and he realized it came from Iris.

Jumping out of his bed, the Veela rushed to his mate's side. Only to be stopped by the wards preventing him entrance. Cursing up a streak, he ran his hands through his hair. He needed to help his mate, but what could he do? He couldn't enter! Curse Dumbledore and his meddling!

A third scream made Draco's heart bleed. Unconsciously grabbing his necklace, he suddenly knew what he could do. "Lucius!" he called with desperation. "Father! Iris is having a nightmare and I can't get in! You have to help her! Please!" he begged, tears falling down his cheeks, unheeded.

"Calm down, my little dragon, I am on my way," he heard his father promise. Barely had the voice faded from his mind before the portrait was almost wrenched open and Lucius was at his side.

"Help her father," Draco pleaded and began to cry in earnest when Iris screamed again.

"NO! Sirius! SIRIUS!"

Lucius ran inside the room and gathered the thrashing teen into his arms, cursing the events that had cost the girl so much.

"Hush now Iris. You're safe," he murmured rocking the girl back and forth. It took several minutes, but eventually he managed to ease the poor child away from the nightmarish images that were holding her.

Not truly awake and only aware of the soft voice and the gentle arms holding her Iris broke down and began to cry; huge wrenching sobs that shook her entire body, all the while muttering "My fault, I'm so sorry, all my fault," over and over again.

"Oh Iris. No child, none of it was your fault," Lucius murmured trying to get through to the girl. Iris wasn't listening though and the blond was getting worried. Suddenly remembering his son Lucius made a decision and picked Iris up, blankets and all, and carried her into the living room. He transformed one of the couches into a large bed and settled against the headboard, Iris still in his arms.

Draco was at his side the second he stopped moving, sobbing as well and extremely distressed he'd been unable to come to his mate's aide. Lucius did his best to soothe them both, but it was a long time though before either of them fell back asleep.

~ ϟ ~

Iris was the first to wake up the next morning and she frowned at the weirdness of her pillow. It was hard and it moved. Opening a bleary eye she quickly scooted back and then blushed hotly at the sight of the two Malfoys. Belatedly she remembered her nightmare. And that she'd forgotten to put up silencing spells around her bed. Cursing herself for her stupidity, she slid out of the bed. Wanting to get away for a moment, at least until she'd had a chance to collect herself, she grabbed the letter to Remus and fled the room.

Shivering in the cold air Iris belatedly realized that maybe she should have put on some clothes before she fled the suite. Ah, well, it was too late now; she would just have to make sure not to be seen by anyone.

That notion lasted not five minutes before Iris was forced to stop and do something about her state of undress, since her bare feet were complaining too much about the cold stones and the rest of her wasn't too happy either. Not about to get a cold, Iris grabbed her wand, she fortunately had thought of taking it with her, and paused, unsure of what spell to use.

She didn't have anything she could transfigure into something warm, and she wasn't skilled enough at conjuring things to just magic clothes out of thin air. She could however conjure apples... Smiling to herself Iris did just that, creating three nice, mouth-watering red apples, two of which she immediately changed into a pair of boots and a warm robe. Slipping the clothes on, Iris sighed in pleasure and continued on her way, munching on the third apple as she traveled the corridors of Hogwarts.