Tʜᴇ Hᴇᴀᴅᴀᴄʜᴇ Tʜᴀᴛ Is Iʀɪs Pᴏᴛᴛᴇʀ

Tuesday September 17

Draco blinked his eyes open and absentmindedly reached up to try and remove the water from his eyes. He had no recollection of falling asleep, but this just had to be a dream. If it wasn't, then now was a good time to start panicking.

He was standing in the middle of a vast field, smack in the middle of the worst thunderstorm he had ever witnessed in his life. Some yards away was Iris, her head thrown back and her arms flung out wide, and she was slowly spinning around in place while laughing. Around her bolt after bolt of lightning was hitting the ground, making the air sizzle, and the smell of ozone was enough to make Draco want to sneeze. Yep, dream or not, panicking sounded good just about now, Draco thought, cautiously making his way over to where his mate was standing.

"Iris? What are you doing?" Draco asked, eyeing the sky wearily, not sure he wanted to know.

"Isn't this great?" Iris asked, grinning like mad and flinging an arm around Draco's waist.

"No?" Draco answered, turning the reply into a question. He was wet. He was standing in ankle deep mud, and he was in immediate danger of being fried to a crisp. No, nothing about this situation could be labelled as great. Adding insult to injury was the fact that both he and Iris were dreaming, and although they were wet and dirty, it was not in a manner that Draco could enjoy. Bummer!

"Iris, what is going on? Where are we? What's up with the weather?" Draco asked, reaching up to cup his mate's cheek.

Iris looked down at Draco, turning her full focus on the Veela. "Sorry, Draco, but I haven't the foggiest idea where we are. As for the weather, haven't you ever felt like just standing in the middle of a thunderstorm? Screaming and shouting your anger and anguish away? Secure in the knowledge that no one can hear you? Allowing the rain and the thunder to wash you clean?"

Draco tilted his head to the side, taking in the soppy wet state of Iris's hair, and the sparking green eyes that were alive in a way the blond had never seen before. Smiling gently, he pulled his mate closer and kissed her, ignoring the coldness of their skins, only focusing on the warmth that was Iris's mouth.

Lazily, Draco stroked his tongue over Iris's, reveling in the shudder his action produced. Pressing closer to his mate, Draco carefully excavated that hot cavern that only seemed to get hotter the longer the kiss lasted.

Only when a lightning bolt hit the ground a mere three feet away, did they break apart, and Draco leaned his head against Iris's shoulder, only now noting that it was bare save for the silver halter crop top that tied around her neck.

"Wow!" Iris murmured, wrapping her arms around Draco tightly. "I don't know which is wilder, your kisses or the lightening.

Draco was tricked into a snorting laugh. "Only you, love," Draco said, his eyes shining with amusement while shaking his head. Wrapping his own arms just as tightly around his mate, he asked again, "So, where did you find this storm then?"

Iris shrugged, leaning her head on Draco's shoulder, going back to watching the lightening bolts. "I don't know. I was... I don't know what I was. I was angry. I wanted to shout. I wanted the world to know that I wasn't happy. And the next thing I knew, there was this gigantic lightning landing a few yards away, and then I just knew what it was I wanted, so I called on the thunder, and then you showed up..." Iris said, feeling a bit silly now that she tried to explain what she had been feeling.

"Hey, after the day you had just had, I would want to do some shouting as well," Draco said, looking up and into mesmerizing green eyes. "Personally, I've never been overly fond of rain and thunder, I'm more partial to snow. You know, when large flakes are falling from the sky, the type that sticks to your hair and eyelashes," Draco said, becoming enthusiastic as he described his favorite kind of weather.