A Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Kɪᴅɴᴀᴘᴘɪɴɢ

It was with a laugh that Iris and Draco tumbled inside their rooms. Bouncing with happiness, Iris went into her bedroom to put her cloak and outer robe away, before calling Dobby to ask her for the promised meal. Her eyes were on the clasp holding her cloak together; it had snagged on something and was giving her some trouble, Iris did not look where she was going. Almost bumping into her bed, she stopped just in time to save herself a busted knee, all her focus on what she was doing until the clasp was finally free.

Looking up, the first thing that met her astonished gaze was a beautiful crystal vase filled with the most wonderful deep red roses she'd ever seen, standing on the bedside table on the other side of the bed. Throwing down the cloak carelessly, not caring one bit about wrinkles, Iris flew back out of her room, calling Draco's name.

"Iris?" the Veela asked, coming back out of his bedroom, wondering at the joy and happiness he heard in Iris's voice. "Ooofff," he added involuntarily as a lithe body glommed itself against his in an enthusiastic hug.

"Thank you, Draco! Thank you so much! They are wonderful! Where ever did you get them? They are lovely! I've never seen such beautiful ones before. How did you know they are my favorite? Why didn't you give them to me in person? I wouldn't have turned you away," Iris asked, finally pulling herself away from her... what? Boyfriend?

Draco was feeling extremely confused. On one hand, he was loving every second of Iris's happy hug, but the stream of words pouring from her didn't make one lick of sense. "Love? What are you talking about?" he asked, pushing a lock of hair away from his mate's forehead.

"About the roses," Iris replied in confusion. "They are from you, right?" Seeing the incomprehensible look on the blond's face, Iris felt some of her happiness die away. She should have known. The flowers weren't from Draco. Turning away so the tears of disappointment couldn't be seen, she slowly moved away from the embrace. Of course, the flowers didn't come from Draco. Why should the Veela do something like that?

"I'm sorry, love, but no, the flowers aren't from me," Draco whispered softly, his heart aching at the sorrow and disappointment he could feel come off the smaller teen. That ache soon turned into a blazing fury. Someone had dared to hurt his mate. Worse, someone had dared send his mate flowers. He would find out who that person was, and then he would pay them a little visit at midnight and curse them so bad their great grandchildren would feel it!

Storming into Iris's bedroom, murder in his eyes, Draco saw literately red when his gaze took in the lovely bouquet of red roses. How dare they! With a roar of anger, the Veela threw himself across the bed and picked up the vase, intending to throw it into the wall. Before he could, the back of his fingers brushed against one of the flowers, and the next thing he knew, he felt the tug behind his navel, and he no longer was at Hogwarts.

Cursing violently, Draco threw the vase the moment the Portkey effect released him. At least it wasn't Iris this time. He didn't think he could survive a second kidnapping of his mate. Taking a few deep breaths to calm himself down, Draco looked around in an attempt to figure out where he was.

The room was tastefully done in shades of blue and cream, but a thin layer of dust and the somewhat musty air spoke of the room's disuse. The main focus was a large bed, its head- and footboard were covered with carvings of cherubs and cupids. Taking a second, more closer look around, Draco suddenly came to the shocking understanding of where he was. With that realization came a fierce blush.

He was inside a Honeymoon suite.

Someone was going to get hurt for this!

Careful not to touch anything, Draco made his way towards the door. He needed to get out of here, preferably before he was accidentally caught up in the spell works. Before he could open the door, however, it was flung open and two children were gazing expectantly up at him.