Somethings are better left unsaid

Chapter 39

[M]

_

________________________________________

Taehyung wiped his face with a towel. His eyes red and a little puffy. The reflection making him want to shut off all the other sounds in the world.

Why?

That's the only thing that went through his mind.

Why.

The weight of the black breifcase lying in the passenger seat constricted his throat, reminding him- how cruel the world was.

Out of all the things...

Taehyung bit his lip to hold back his sob as he opened the door and shut it close. He eyed the cream colored building and climbed up the short flight of stairs.

His hand reached the switch on the wall and pressed it softly, hearing the bell go off. He pressed it again... his mind lost- no drowning. His mind was drowning.

He was drowning.

Taehyung felt anxious and scared, hundreds of thoughts zipping past his mind at the same time making him feel breathless. A sharp pain racking through his chest.

Why did it hurt so bad?

The door cracked open and Taehyung's dull eyes brightened for a second as he leaped into an embrace.

"T-Taehyung?"

Taehyung buried his face into Jungkook's chest, inhaling his scent as if it was his source of life.

Jungkook stumbled a little, a gasp leaving his lips and he pulled Taehyung in shutting the door, as he steadied himself. His one hand around Taehyung's waist while the other gently rubbed the back of his head.

"Hey... hey are you alright?" Jungkook whispered, confusion etched on his face.

"Yeah.. yeah I'm fine. I just.. I dont know.. I'm fine.. I'm fine now..."

Jungkook leaned away a bit as he cupped Taehyung's face, to look at him closely.

"Your eyes are red... what happened Tae?"

Taehyung wanted to cry.

He wanted to cry his heart out but he couldnt.

He couldnt risk Jungkook's life.

"Nothing.. it's just allergies... I haven't dusted my car in a while..." Taehyung lied effortlessly.

Jungkook stared in return, still not convinced by the older's answer.

"Then why did you come running? Taehyung... please tell me if something's wrong"

Everything's wrong.

You. Me.. everything. Taehyung cried inwardly, his heart ripping in pieces.

"Nothing's wrong... I just started with exercising and all... so whenever I'm doing something normal, I try to do it the excercise way..." Taehyung fake grinned to sugarcoat his lie.

"So... is ringing the bell 25 times a part of your excercise?" Jungkook chuckled as he caressed Taehyung's cheek lovingly and Taehyung found himself leaning towards the warmth.

"You never know... you might bottom for me one day..." Taehyung chuckled genuinely this time.

Jungkook scoffed at the words, as he leaned towards Taehyung.