Not a next time, but a Forever

Chapter 47

_________________________________________

A/N: there's a special surprise ahead so...... yeah.
_________________________________________

Taehyung looked at the black screen of his phone.

He contemplated to switch it on.

He really did.

But his conscience pushed him away.

There was just something about it- as funny as it seemed, Taehyung no longer had it in him to head back.

He was supposed to leave with Bogum hours ago.... but he stayed. He backed away- because he was scared.

He convinced himself- he was doing it because he wanted to be free...

'If you're not happy, then you're free to leave'

Or was it?

Was he free yet? Would he be free if he'd leave? Taehyung didnt know... he couldn't bring himself to choose a thing for him. He couldnt pick a thought.

He didnt know when he packed his bags up and when he booked a flight to Japan.

Taehyung knew what he needed was a new start in his life- but he wasnt sure if this was it.

There was no doubt in pointing out that Taehyung was hurting himself- everything hurt so bad.

The past 3 and a half months were agonizing.

And Taehyung had lost half of his soul during the time.

Taehyung for one, believed what he was about to do was because he deserved freedom but another part- the one that was hidden away, believed he was doing it for Jungkook.

3 months were long enough for his dark thoughts to take over him completely.

Taehyung knew, going back would give nothing in return, but more pain.

Going back meant- he'd jeopardize Jungkook's life.

It meant- ruining his career.

It meant more tears... more heartaches.

That's what it meant- Taehyung knew, if Jungkook had a flaw- it was him, being in his life.

Two men in the same frame wasn't the bright side of the plate for the society.

No matter what they could do about it- Taehyung knew where it'd lead to.

And Taehyung didnt want to ruin things anymore. He wanted everything to go back to the the way it was before- with him, out of the picture.

Hani would go to jail. Jungkook would be free. He'd finally escape from her hands and he'd have a chance to live his life. He'd move on.

Yes... he'd move on.

Taehyung sighed, tilting his head back and clenched his eyes shut, his lashes damp from restraining tears.

This was all he could do.

His thoughts were cut off when he heard the doorbell buzz.

Taehyung gulped harshly.

Was it time already?

Taehyung grabbed his coat and exhaled softly, wiping his face- so as to make sure the valet wouldnt look at him funnily and judge him for crying.

Taehyung gripped onto the handle of the suitcase and dragged it across the carpeted floor.