Accidents and Beautiful Lies

Chapter 41

___________________________________________

Taehyung wasn't supposed to be here.

He was supposed to be in his home, in his room with Yeontan comforting him with his soft nuzzles from the stinging pain in his chest that had settled deep into his bones.

He wasn't supposed to be in any of it.

But he was.

And it wasn't just him- it was everyone.

He was jeopardizing everyone's lives and Taehyung felt bile at the back of his throat.

He was getting sick.

Sick of watching over his back to see if anyone was following him, sick of not being able to cry his heart out, sick of lying to Jungkook over and over again.

Taehyung, was sick of everything.

His trembling fingers were folded tightly on his lap as Jin drove, rather rashly to reach their destination.

A single call, had made the Kim siblings who were leisurely spending their time in the comfort of their rooms to rush out.

A single call, was all it took for Taehyung to recite every prayer he had known.

Taehyung purse his lips tight, a sheen glaze of tears in his eyes that had arisen from sheer panic and nervousness.

Gathering up the courage, Taehyung exhaled slowly as Jin parked in the parking lot.

The air was chilly and Taehyung was still in his pajamas with a long coat pulled over his shoulders that he grabbed at the last minute.

The spotless white tiles and the strong stench of disinfectants made Taehyung wince slightly as he followed Jin's lead in the Hospital.

Turning around a corridor, they entered a clear hallway with few nurses rushing around.

"Yoongi!" Jin called out and the aforementioned looked up, meeting their gazes.

"Hyung.. Taehyung.." Yoongi said softly, swallowing a little harshly.

His hair a mess and his voice straining with his whole appearance disheveled. His bloodied knuckles were curled tightly on his sides.

Jin hugged the younger and sighed on his shoulder.

"Stay strong Yoongi... she'll be alright." He mumbled "Yoonji's a strong kid... she can fight this."

"I'm scared Hyung... what if she wont make it?" Yoongi's voice cracked.

Jin pulled away and smiled sadly "she will make it Yoongi..."

Taehyung pursed his lips and nodded softly when Yoongi looked at him.

"She will Hyung..." Taehyung mumbled, assuring the male- who sighed and sat back in one of the metal chairs aligned to the walls.

"Where's Jimin?" Jin asked as he settled down next to Yoongi.

"He was taken in a different ward. Thankfully, he got minor injuries... and the doctor said there's noth- Jimin what?" Yoongi paused as his eyes shifted to the figure approaching.

"Jimin! God- what are you doing out here?" Taehyung yelped watching his brunette bestfriend approach them.

His left hand bandaged and a cut on his cheekbone.

"I need to see Yoonji!" Jimin struggled in Taehyung's arms.

"You can't Jimin- she's still in the ICU. The doctors are operating-you cant go in there now" Jin explained watching the rising commotion, as some nurses began giving them looks.